Firaxis
12 (36.4%)
ArenaNet
0 (0%)
Other
8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Martinus

You can pick up to three choices. Who are your favourite game developers - those you follow and buy a lot of their stuff or play a lot of their stuff?

Martinus

My picks were Paradox, Blizzard and Firaxis - usually I am playing at least one game from each of these.

Solmyr

Norgy

Bethesda and Paradox, I guess.
CD Projekt definitely deserves a lot of credit for The Witcher 3, which is a game I just can't seem to quit.

Bethesda is probably more of a publisher than a developer, mostly. But they have the Fallout and Elder Scrolls franchises in-house. And the more overlooked but amazeballsly good "Dishonored".

I still have yet to play a Paradox game I didn't on some level like. Okay, maybe HoI 3.

Who's behind the "Far Cry" franchise?

schaksen

Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Norgy

I kind of liked the fourth version in the Himalayas. But it got a bit samey after some 20 odd hours.

One of the franchises I have never gotten into is one of the biggest sellers out there. Assassin's Creed. Strangely it just never interested me much. Being a football fan, I thought I'd love PES and FIFA games too, but I don't. I do like SI Games' Football Manager, and buy it again and again each year.

celedhring

Paradox, Bioware and Obsidian.

CD Projekt up there too. I was actually torn between them and Bioware, but ultimately Bioware have far more games.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Grey Fox

Quote from: schaksen on April 18, 2016, 05:02:14 AM
Quote from: Norgy on April 18, 2016, 04:59:44 AM
Who's behind the "Far Cry" franchise?
CryTek, not on the list

The first one, Ubisoft since.

I voted Firaxis. No need to pick 3.

Altho, my real #1 is Nintendo.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Paradox and CD Projekt. Showing how it's done. :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Am I missing something with this bit about CD Projekt? Haven't they only done The Witcher games? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Firaxis is Civ, right? Add them to my list.

You're right about CD Projekt, garbon. No need to be a bitcher about The Witcher.

I guess I'd also mention Rockstar. I've had some fun with the GTA games.
My old stiff fingers hasn't let me really enjoy number five much, though, as it is a game I think needs a controller to properly experience it.

crazy canuck

Paradox
Other -  Longbow Games - I love their Hegemony series of games.

Josephus

Only two of late. Paradox and Sports Interactive (Football Manager)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".