And we're back!

Main Menu

Panama Papers

Started by Zanza, April 03, 2016, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I insist that my bonds are denominated in US$ :ph34r:

MadImmortalMan

You know there's something messed up about your economy when the citizens who have the cash in full to buy a property are willing to pay the full purchase price plus annual interest just to get a place outside the borders.

Edit: Oh, and then leave the place derelict even.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2016, 04:51:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2016, 04:30:34 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 04:29:06 AM
Marti is going full Trump on us. :(

Someone should check if his name is on the list.

I am not rich enough. :(
Didn't you describe a rather shady arrangement by which you're minimizing your taxes?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2016, 01:23:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2016, 04:51:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2016, 04:30:34 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 04:29:06 AM
Marti is going full Trump on us. :(

Someone should check if his name is on the list.

I am not rich enough. :(
Didn't you describe a rather shady arrangement by which you're minimizing your taxes?

Err, no. I am just doing what every lawyer in this country is doing, that is working as a self-employed professional rather than an employee, which allows me to pay a 19% flat income tax rate.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2016, 02:09:03 PM
Err, no. I am just doing what every lawyer in this country is doing, that is working as a self-employed professional rather than an employee, which allows me to pay a 19% flat income tax rate.
So you're being employed as a self-employed professional?  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2016, 02:11:06 PM

Yes. Besides, the state spends the money on stupid stuff and doesn't even allow me to marry - so why should I share the product of my hard work with it. :P

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2016, 02:21:32 PM

Yes. Besides, the state spends the money on stupid stuff and doesn't even allow me to marry - so why should I share the product of my hard work with it. :P
You don't see how this kind of chicanery may be viewed in the same light as the other stuff in Panama Papers:  technically legal but highly dubious?

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on April 08, 2016, 02:30:42 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2016, 02:21:32 PM

You don't see how this kind of chicanery may be viewed in the same light as the other stuff in Panama Papers:  technically legal but highly dubious?

1. Everybody is doing this.
2. I have already said I don't find anything wrong with Panama Papers. Haters gonna hate.

Razgovory

I wonder if Marty will have to go to jail.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2016, 03:20:27 PM
I wonder if Marty will have to go to jail.

About as likely as Hillary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

You mishandled classified documents.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 08, 2016, 04:26:31 PM
You mishandled classified documents.

Is this one of those roleplay scenarios?

Eddie Teach