And we're back!

Main Menu

Panama Papers

Started by Zanza, April 03, 2016, 03:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 04:29:06 AM
Marti is going full Trump on us. :(

It's you who have gone full Anita Sarkezian on Facebook.

Seriously, I may be wrong but I always thought you were centre-right - was it someone else or did you change? I mean right now you have gone entirely regressive left.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2016, 05:04:59 AM

Seriously, I may be wrong but I always thought you were centre-right - was it someone else or did you change? I mean right now you have gone entirely regressive left.

Being centre-right means I cannot actively oppose racism and misogyny? What?

Norgy

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 05:08:51 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2016, 05:04:59 AM

Being centre-right means I cannot actively oppose racism and misogyny? What?

No, then you're regressive left like me. Get with the programme, mate.

Martinus

Looks like even your other friends agree with me.  :lol:

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on April 04, 2016, 05:10:55 AM
Looks like even your other friends agree with me.  :lol:

Another Pole, as it happens (and about 0.01% of my friends). But then, Poland is pretty much turning itself into Russia lately, so it's not surprising. :P

PS. And don't sidestep. Does your definition of center-right include not opposing racism and misogyny?

Martinus

Well it sucks but then Scandinavia is turning into Saudi Arabia, so I'd still pick the lesser of two evils. ;)

Norgy

Solmyr

You keep telling yourself that, it might make it easier when Poland recriminalizes homosexuality. ;)

Martinus

My definition of centre right includes basing your attitudes on fact and logic, not emotion. An emotional article from some feminist about facing "rampant mysogyny" and "death threats and rape threats" in a roleplaying Call of Cthulhu community sounds incredible at best and fabricated at worst (and likely to be the latter if the Rolling Stone "rape scandal" and gamergate taught us anything) so sharing that on Facebook with an apocalyptic commentary makes you look unhinged, especially combined with your ethusiastic attitudes about Islam.

Solmyr

My definition of not basing your attitudes on emotion and empathy is a sociopath. Are you seriously claiming that logic is the only factor we should consider in our decisions? Are we robots, according to you?

PS. I'm an atheist, so I don't have enthusiastic attitudes about any religion. Get your facts straight, at least, since you claim to love them so much.

Norgy

As a Facebook friend of both of you, I am going to ask you nicely to put this to rest.

If you have no conscience nor emotion, you don't stand up for gay rights as a hetero either. So shut it, Marti. You're barking up all the wrong trees today.

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 05:24:49 AM
My definition of not basing your attitudes on emotion and empathy is a sociopath.

Wow, ok no more questions. It's a good thing that your side is losing the public discourse. Would prefer it is to someone more savory than the populist right but I guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Solmyr

Well, logic would dictate that I shouldn't care about gay rights, since there is no benefit for me in doing so. :P However, I think we've both made our points clear, so I'm done for today.

Martinus

See, this is another problem with regressive left - you perceive social reality not in the context of universal rights but "gay rights", "women rights", "Muslim rights" etc.

I don't care for your support of "gay rights" - I think gay people should simply have the same rights as everyone else, and this includes freedom from violence, government or religious persecution and freedom to live their life as they choose.

And if I run a bakery I want to have a right to refuse to cater to any wedding or party I choose.

Norgy

Well, I agree.
I still don't understand this lashing out.