Trump of the Will: The Donald's foreign policy and his team, it's the best team

Started by CountDeMoney, March 21, 2016, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

No shit, Sherlock! ;)

Grumbler and Berkut don't seem to understand this though.  They have Faith in their check&balance system and that is about to bite them in the ass.  The problem is, we will all feel the pain.  Well, maybe not you, you already speak Mandarin.  You might have to learn Korean too, just to be safe ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

You know viper, just lying out of your ass about fellow posters is really unattractive.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Siege

Whoa, non interventionist?
That's it.
I ain't voting for the Trumpminator no more.
How the hell are we going to keep fighting moonslims without interventionism?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2016, 05:05:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2016, 09:57:34 AM

He also said he would be open to allowing Japan and South Korea to build their own nuclear arsenals rather than depend on the American nuclear umbrella for their protection against North Korea and China. If the United States "keeps on its path, its current path of weakness, they're going to want to have that anyway, with or without me discussing it," Mr. Trump said.

I don't understand his idea here.  Isn't US policy to limit the spread of nuclear weapons to as few countries as possible?  Also, Trump probably isn't aware that Japan is fiercely against nuclear weapons.  A lot of Japanese think nuclear weapons is the ultimate evil.  Japan has the technical knowhow and economic base to build nuclear weapons for many decades, but they have refrained from doing so for a reason.  I also don't think arming South Korea with nuclear weapons will mesh well with the US stance that North Korea should be a nuclear weapons free area.  If South Korea is nuclear armed, then the North will have solid grounds to be so armed as well. 

But, North Korea already have nukes....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2016, 01:18:57 AM
You know viper, just lying out of your ass about fellow posters is really unattractive.

Why would you think that viper, at this late date, suddenly has started caring about the unattractiveness of his lying?  He is fighting evil people like Trump, and you, and me. There are no nuances in his world.  All of those windmills are giants.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Quote from: viper37 on April 01, 2016, 09:52:00 AM
No shit, Sherlock! ;)

Grumbler and Berkut don't seem to understand this though.  They have Faith in their check&balance system and that is about to bite them in the ass.  The problem is, we will all feel the pain.  Well, maybe not you, you already speak Mandarin.  You might have to learn Korean too, just to be safe ;)

I actually think the checks and balances would cancel out any idiocy on Trump's part. Just look at how Congress has been stalling Obama. And, no there's no irony or sarcasm in this.
While a US president still is the most powerful single person on Earth, there's quite a limit as to what he or she can do.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 03, 2016, 05:23:24 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2016, 01:18:57 AM

Why would you think that viper, at this late date, suddenly has started caring about the unattractiveness of his lying?  He is fighting evil people like Trump, and you, and me. There are no nuances in his world.  All of those windmills are giants.

Have you not responded to someone's Chicken Little by pointing out that checks and balances limit the things a President Trump could do?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2016, 10:41:23 AM
Have you not responded to someone's Chicken Little by pointing out that checks and balances limit the things a President Trump could do?

Yes.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2016, 10:46:30 AM
So what exactly is Viper lying about?

That I don't understand that Trump's rhetoric is harming the image of the US overseas even if he doesn't win the election, and that i believe that the constitutional system of checks and balances prevents foreigners from assigning weight to Trump's words.  In other words, his entire statement about what I believe.

Pretty much every time people here tell you what others believe, rather than quoting those others on what they believe, they are lying. 

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2016, 10:46:30 AM
So what exactly is Viper lying about?

That grumbler and Berkut don't understand that Trump can damage foreign relations just by things he says.  At least, I'm pretty sure that they understand that, and that Viper realizes that they do.

EDIT:  Crap, ninja'd.

Eddie Teach

Don't seem to is subjective. He may be wrong but it doesn't make him a liar.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2016, 10:58:54 AM

Fair enough, but at the very least, he's using a strawman.  Saying that our Constitutional checks and balances limit the damage that Trump can do doesn't imply a lack of understanding that his mere statements can do some damage.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 03, 2016, 10:58:54 AM

I'm not sure I understand your point.  Are you saying that it is only possible that he is wrong and I am right about what I believe?

It seems to me that a deliberately  posting a falsehood makes one a liar.  You may have a different definition of liar, in which case he may not fit your definition.  That's okay by me.  I'll keep using my definition, though.

Bayraktar!

Norgy

I seriously doubt there is much left to damage image-wise after cokehead.