More Americans Are Getting Evicted Than Ever Before

Started by jimmy olsen, March 17, 2016, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 20, 2016, 09:17:38 PM
Yeah, PC Texans trying not to offend the Solid South.

Screw the South!

And screw your inferior shitty BBQ :blurgh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I just realized all this Texas is its own region crap is to hide the fact that Valmy's from a family of carpet-baggers.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2016, 09:27:27 AM
I just realized all this Texas is its own region crap is to hide the fact that Valmy's from a family of carpet-baggers.  :hmm:

Hell I am not even a real Texan being an Austinite :P

But actually my Grandmother's family has been here since the 1850s so as far as Texans so only truly native sons like Katmai have anything on me.

But fuck you southerners, you have your own damn 20 fucking states of whatever. Be happy with the shit you have. Leave us alone.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 19, 2016, 07:28:58 PM

The real problem is that the we've reached the point where the legal system itself is a weapon in the hands of the wealthy and powerful, not the even playing-field for resolving disputes that it was supposed to be.

Isn't the real problem lack of affordable housing?  I can see the argument for providing poor tenants legal representation in eviction proceedings, but I'm not convinced it would accomplish anything beyond providing employment for more lawyers unless there's evidence that a substantial number of people are getting evicted who aren't behind in their rent (leaving aside people getting evicted for destroying property and the like).  More people getting evicted doesn't sound to me like a legal problem so much as an economic problem.

Camerus

Quote from: garbon on March 19, 2016, 04:36:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2016, 04:05:54 AM
Wow, Mihali must be the craziest person we currently have on Languish. Even Raz is more reasonable.

He has taken a deep dive in the last few days.

He's been expressing opinions generally outside of the Languish consensus recently, and with a militancy and frequency that was previously uncharactaristic. But while I admit I haven't been following his every post, I don't think anything he said is really beyond the boundaries of mainstream discussion, much less marking him as insane.