A few simple questions for climate fanatics

Started by Siege, March 15, 2016, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Article :

A few simple questions for climate fanatics
By Jack Hellner

President Obama, Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton state that climate change is more dangerous to future generations than terrorism.  They advocate destroying industries that have greatly improved our quality and length of life.  I believe that the American people are entitled to some actual scientific facts instead of talking points.  Here are some questions for the global warming bandwagon.

In the 1920s, scientists were warning that because of warming and the melting ice, coastal cities would soon disappear.  Why were they wrong then, and why are the same warnings correct today?  How did the Earth cool so much from 1945 to 1976 that the experts were warning about a disastrous ice age if rising CO2, rapidly increasing populations, industrialization, and fossil fuels cause warming?

According to UCAR (the Universal Corporation for Atmospheric Research) the temperature today is around 1.53 degrees warmer than 1880.  Wouldn't that be within the margin of error, especially since the Little Ice Age ended around 1800?

According to scientific studies, CO2 was much higher during the ice age – 2,000-8,000 parts per million vs. 400 today.  If CO2 causes warming, why wasn't the Earth warmer then than it is today?

Recently, the U.S. attorney general said the Justice Department is considering bringing legal action against people who will not go along on climate change caused by humans.  Is it any wonder that scientists who are skeptics won't speak out when their livelihood is threatened?

Shouldn't the media do some simple research instead of just repeating the talking points that humans cause climate change?

We should all remember that science is almost never settled.  There is continuous evolution in scientific thought.  Why is there such a great effort to shut off debate on climate change?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/a_few_simple_questions_for_climate_fanatics.html#ixzz42yYkrOcr
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Siege

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 15, 2016, 07:54:44 AM
In the 1920s, scientists were warning that because of warming and the melting ice, coastal cities would soon disappear.  Why were they wrong then, and why are the same warnings correct today?  How did the Earth cool so much from 1945 to 1976 that the experts were warning about a disastrous ice age if rising CO2, rapidly increasing populations, industrialization, and fossil fuels cause warming?

Links to appropriate studies?

QuoteAccording to UCAR (the Universal Corporation for Atmospheric Research) the temperature today is around 1.53 degrees warmer than 1880.  Wouldn't that be within the margin of error, especially since the Little Ice Age ended around 1800?

Tell me more about error margins in temperature readings.

QuoteAccording to scientific studies, CO2 was much higher during the ice age – 2,000-8,000 parts per million vs. 400 today.  If CO2 causes warming, why wasn't the Earth warmer then than it is today?

Studies? Link?

QuoteRecently, the U.S. attorney general said the Justice Department is considering bringing legal action against people who will not go along on climate change caused by humans.  Is it any wonder that scientists who are skeptics won't speak out when their livelihood is threatened?

I don't know what this means. What sort of legal action? What exactly was said? What does 'going along' mean in a legal sense? In any case there are 150+ other countries that can do research that are no in the US if needed. Unless...OMG EVERY SINGLE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT IN THE WORLD IS IN ON IT!!!111 OMG SIEGE.

QuoteShouldn't the media do some simple research instead of just repeating the talking points that humans cause climate change?

Indeed. So lets see some evidence instead of repeating talking points.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

This is more bunk than The Bunk from "The Wire".
You're a fucking eejit, Siege.

Monoriu

Then I have a simple question for you, Siege.  Why do almost the entire scientific community choose to mislead humanity into giving up the vital industries for a fake threat?  What do these scientists and academics gain by lying to us?

Grinning_Colossus

If you're skeptical that carbon dioxide causes warming, you can conduct your own experiment with dry ice and some mason jars. http://www.usc.edu/CSSF/History/2006/Projects/S0607.pdf
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 08:09:19 AM
QuoteAccording to scientific studies, CO2 was much higher during the ice age – 2,000-8,000 parts per million vs. 400 today.  If CO2 causes warming, why wasn't the Earth warmer then than it is today?

Studies? Link?

These are all pretty silly but this one is by far the goofiest since it is blatantly lying and not just talking about what people used to believe.

1.  There have been several ice ages, not just one.
2.  There are spikes right after each ice age where the temperature and CO2 levels both rise very fast.
3.  Those spikes peak around 300 ppm of CO2, ~100 ppm lower than our current level.

As an aside I don't get the argument "people used to state X, which contradicts the current theory Y.  How can you possibly believe these people?"  I suppose it is tied into some sort of belief that people have access to absolute and irrevocable truth, and that therefore any change in understanding is suspect and a sign of weakness.  Is it possible to even understand how science works with that kind of mindset?

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on March 15, 2016, 07:58:04 AM
And Raz, shut the fuck off.

Nah.

If these simple questions are answered will Mr. Hellner and Siege stop this climate denial nonsense?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2016, 10:27:00 AM
Quote from: Siege on March 15, 2016, 07:58:04 AM
And Raz, shut the fuck off.

Nah.

If these simple questions are answered will Mr. Hellner and Siege stop this climate denial nonsense?

Doubtful.
Siege wouldn't stop being silly until the Moon fell down on him and showed signs of human activity there.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Lol.
Climate fanatics.
It's the climate change deniers who are the only climate fanatics :contract:
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on March 15, 2016, 09:07:39 AM
Then I have a simple question for you, Siege.  Why do almost the entire scientific community choose to mislead humanity into giving up the vital industries for a fake threat?  What do these scientists and academics gain by lying to us?
Godless people.  They lost their Faith.  It ain't written in the sacred texts, it is not real.  Pretending the opposite is tantamount to heresy.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Norgy

I've always wondered what "The Climate Change Industry" is getting out of this too.

I mean, it's like nerds with glasses up against the pardon the pun well-oiled machinery of big oil and coal. To me it seems like an unfair fight.

Zanza