A few simple questions for climate fanatics

Started by Siege, March 15, 2016, 07:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on March 15, 2016, 10:17:31 PM
Reagan is the worst thing that ever happened to this country.  I mean it all seemed good at the time, but all of these mouthbreathers that can't get themselves off of his Alzheimeried treasonous cock are the reason this country isn't "Great" anymore.

Nixon thought he was a moron, and a bit crazy.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 10:23:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2016, 10:19:54 PM
I was surprised to learn while reading that wiki article I linked that Dutch got the top income tax rate down to 28%.

High taxes are not as popular in Europe as we sometimes like to think.

Dutch Reagan, not Dutch Netherlands.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 10:23:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2016, 10:19:54 PM
I was surprised to learn while reading that wiki article I linked that Dutch got the top income tax rate down to 28%.

High taxes are not as popular in Europe as we sometimes like to think.

Dutch Reagan, not Dutch Netherlands.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Siege on March 15, 2016, 07:54:44 AM
How did the Earth cool so much from 1945 to 1976 that the experts were warning about a disastrous ice age if rising CO2, rapidly increasing populations, industrialization, and fossil fuels cause warming?

I had forgotten about that  :D

Scientists kept warning about the constant cooling of the planet, so much so that most people thought of the future as an artic wasteland (I have several french BD of that time that show the apocaliptic future as being covered in snow, like 'Simon du Fleuve').

Thanks for reminding me of those times  :hug:

As for actual climate...

Well, the shipyards we had here in my city that in 1500 AD threw the Caravels and Galleons directly into the Tagus river (that connects to the Atlantic Ocean 1km onward) are now solidly inland, and the palace at Jerónimos, where ships used to dock to unload spices, is a land feature today.

Also, we can now merely walk to visit the Tower of Belem, an artillery tower of 1500 that used to sit in the middle of the river and was only reacheable by boat at the time.

So, I guess I'll only worry about climate warming when the waters even remotely reach the levels at which they were 500 years ago. I'll use the old docks and ports as level meters.

Maladict

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 16, 2016, 08:58:27 AM
How did the Earth cool so much from 1945 to 1976 that the experts were warning about a disastrous ice age if rising CO2, rapidly increasing populations, industrialization, and fossil fuels cause warming?

Scientists kept warning about the constant cooling of the planet, so much so that most people thought of the future as an artic wasteland (I have several french BD of that time that show the apocaliptic future as being covered in snow, like 'Simon du Fleuve').

As for actual climate...

Well, the shipyards we had here in my city that in 1500 AD threw the Caravels and Galleons directly into the Tagus river (that connects to the Atlantic Ocean 1km onward) are now solidly inland, and the palace at Jerónimos, where ships used to dock to unload spices, is a land feature today.

Also, we can now merely walk to visit the Tower of Belem, an artillery tower of 1500 that used to sit in the middle of the river and was only reacheable by boat at the time.

So, I guess I'll only worry about climate warming when the waters even remotely reach the levels at which they were 500 years ago. I'll use the old docks and ports as level meters.

Absolutely.
We have entire cities where there used to be sea. I'm not going to worry until those people have drowned.

Eddie Teach

Rising water levels aren't the only problem with warming temperatures.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Maladict on March 16, 2016, 09:31:55 AM

As for actual climate...

Absolutely.
We have entire cities where there used to be sea. I'm not going to worry until those people have drowned.

Indeed, science won't be credible until it learns* to match anecdotes in predictive accuracy.

*which is to say, "declines"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

https://dailymedia.info/scientists-earth-endangered-by-new-strain-of-fact-resistant-humans/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Scientists: Earth Endangered by New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans who are threatening the ability of Earth to sustain life, a sobering new study reports.

The research, conducted by the University of Minnesota, identifies a virulent strain of humans who are virtually immune to any form of verifiable knowledge, leaving scientists at a loss as to how to combat them.

"These humans appear to have all the faculties necessary to receive and process information," Davis Logsdon, one of the scientists who contributed to the study, said. "And yet, somehow, they have developed defenses that, for all intents and purposes, have rendered those faculties totally inactive."
More worryingly, Logsdon said, "As facts have multiplied, their defenses against those facts have only grown more powerful."

While scientists have no clear understanding of the mechanisms that prevent the fact-resistant humans from absorbing data, they theorize that the strain may have developed the ability to intercept and discard information en route from the auditory nerve to the brain. "The normal functions of human consciousness have been completely nullified," Logsdon said.

While reaffirming the gloomy assessments of the study, Logsdon held out hope that the threat of fact-resistant humans could be mitigated in the future. "Our research is very preliminary, but it's possible that they will become more receptive to facts once they are in an environment without food, water, or oxygen," he said.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

SFC Failure scores an onion hit.
Good thing to see the onion expousing democrats as what they are: anti scientific morons with an anti human agenda.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 20, 2016, 07:30:59 PM
SFC Failure scores an onion hit.
Good thing to see the onion expousing democrats as what they are: anti scientific morons with an anti human agenda.

What about all the hundreds of millions of other non-Americans in on the conspiracy? Why are the majority of scientists anti-science morons? :hmm: It just seems to stupidly unlikely what you are selling.

I mean sure if it was just the Democrats alone espousing this view then sure. But how can you say that under the circumstances?

Actually why do you never ever respond to any of the questions I have? You whine and bitch we are 'fanatics' but you refuse. Are you: a climate coward?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2016, 07:43:47 PM
What about all the hundreds of millions of other non-Americans in on the conspiracy? Why are the majority of scientists anti-science morons? :hmm: 

Duh!  We are trying to distract you from realizing that the moon landings were faked.  It isn't clear why the Illuminati ordered the fake landings and the subsequent cover-up, but we don't question orders passed via the mind-control satellites and high-voltage power transmission lines.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Article :

A few simple questions for climate fanatics
By Jack Hellner

President Obama, Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton state that climate change is more dangerous to future generations than terrorism.  They advocate destroying industries that have greatly improved our quality and length of life.  I believe that the American people are entitled to some actual scientific facts instead of talking points.  Here are some questions for the global warming bandwagon.

In the 1920s, scientists were warning that because of warming and the melting ice, coastal cities would soon disappear.  Why were they wrong then, and why are the same warnings correct today?  How did the Earth cool so much from 1945 to 1976 that the experts were warning about a disastrous ice age if rising CO2, rapidly increasing populations, industrialization, and fossil fuels cause warming?

According to UCAR (the Universal Corporation for Atmospheric Research) the temperature today is around 1.53 degrees warmer than 1880.  Wouldn't that be within the margin of error, especially since the Little Ice Age ended around 1800?

According to scientific studies, CO2 was much higher during the ice age – 2,000-8,000 parts per million vs. 400 today.  If CO2 causes warming, why wasn't the Earth warmer then than it is today?

Recently, the U.S. attorney general said the Justice Department is considering bringing legal action against people who will not go along on climate change caused by humans.  Is it any wonder that scientists who are skeptics won't speak out when their livelihood is threatened?

Shouldn't the media do some simple research instead of just repeating the talking points that humans cause climate change?

We should all remember that science is almost never settled.  There is continuous evolution in scientific thought.  Why is there such a great effort to shut off debate on climate change?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/a_few_simple_questions_for_climate_fanatics.html#ixzz42yYkrOcr
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Aren't you embarrassed identifying with her?

http://time.com/4296191/sarah-palin-bill-nye-climate-hustle/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

that's a myth.
The myth
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2016, 07:51:41 PM
Quote from: Norgy on March 15, 2016, 07:45:48 PM
You know as well as me he refused to fund research about AIDS as it was just something homos died from.
Not his voters.

I know it much less well than you, since he did fund AIDS research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_policy_of_the_Ronald_Reagan_administration#Response_to_AIDS

Wasn't that only after his buddy died?

Martinus

Incidentally, I always meant to ask - what's a "climate fanatic"? I get a "climate change fanatic" but is a "climate fanatic" someone who fanatically believes we should have a climate?