News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acting Football Players

Started by Eddie Teach, March 11, 2016, 11:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the greatest actor to have played in the NFL?

Jim Brown
4 (12.9%)
Carl Weathers
7 (22.6%)
Alex Karras
1 (3.2%)
Fred Dryer
1 (3.2%)
OJ Simpson
3 (9.7%)
Fred Williamson
1 (3.2%)
Terry Bradshaw
0 (0%)
Howie Long
0 (0%)
Bubba Smith
1 (3.2%)
Terry Crews
8 (25.8%)
I'm gonna say The Rock cause the CFL is just as good :canuck:
4 (12.9%)
Romney/Jaron 2016!
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

alfred russel

Voted Brown because he was such an awesome player.

If rating the best actor on the list, at least in terms of popular success, I think it has to be the rock. He is a bona fide leading man and movie star.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

You were wrong on both counts.  :P

You're supposed to choose the best actor who played in the NFL. Not the best player and not some guy who almost got in the NFL. (That's the Canuck Jaron option).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2016, 06:17:07 PM
You were wrong on both counts.  :P

You're supposed to choose the best actor who played in the NFL. Not the best player and not some guy who almost got in the NFL. (That's the Canuck Jaron option).

Dwayne Jonson almost got into the CFL.  He never played in the CFL.  He's probably the best actor on the list.  I'm going for Alex Karras as the best that actually qualified.  He could play the thug or tough guy like the others, but also had acting range.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Wiki says he was on the Calgary team and cut two months into the season.

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2016, 08:21:21 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 12, 2016, 08:17:03 PM
Dick Butkus.

I was thinking about Dick.  What was he in?

Mostly a lot of guest spots on 70s and 80s TV series.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Norgy

If you allow write-ins from soccer, Pele was in a shitty WWII movie with Sly Stallone and some of Europe's finest. I think it was called "Escape to victory".

celedhring

Quote from: Norgy on March 13, 2016, 08:52:47 AM
If you allow write-ins from soccer, Pele was in a shitty WWII movie with Sly Stallone and some of Europe's finest. I think it was called "Escape to victory".

Vinnie Jones transitioned seamlessly from football thug to movie thug. He's managed to be in some decent movies too.

dps

It was titled Victory.  At least, that was the US title;  it might have had a different title in other markets.

celedhring

Quote from: dps on March 13, 2016, 09:52:14 AM

It was titled Victory.  At least, that was the US title;  it might have had a different title in other markets.

It was "EvasiĆ³n o victoria" (Escape or victory) over here, which makes sense given the plot.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on March 13, 2016, 04:00:27 AM
JUICE!

The Juice is not loose, though he may be up for parole this year.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 12, 2016, 07:57:00 PM
Wiki says he was on the Calgary team and cut two months into the season.
He never made the team.  He was on the practice squad or d-league or whatever they called that back then.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!