News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason 2016

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2016, 02:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 13, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
Appeals court denied Bradys en banc review request.
Next and last option is the Supreme Court - big hail mary.

I was somewhat surprised.  I know the Second Circuit likes employers, but I had thought that they would have more concern for maintaining the validity of arbitration to just say, "whelp, that arbitration sucks, but the letter of the agreement is all important and the spirit not significant at all."

The NFLPA should be ashamed they ever signed such a bullshit CBA, so I guess it is really their fault.  I think it will be hard for the owners to get much disciplinary authority in the next CBA, now that the players have seen what a commissioner can do with it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

What will the players be willing to give up to get that though?

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on July 13, 2016, 08:43:48 PM
What will the players be willing to give up to get that though?

I don't know that they will have to give anything up in any sort of tit for tat.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

I am helping coach my kid's football team this year.  New Ohio law limits us to 30 minutes of contact per practice and 60 minutes total per week.  I guess they'll have to spend that extra time running :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2016, 09:18:02 AM
I am helping coach my kid's football team this year.  New Ohio law limits us to 30 minutes of contact per practice and 60 minutes total per week.  I guess they'll have to spend that extra time running :menace:

Don't be that asshole coach.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2016, 10:56:10 AM

Asshole coaches win. Nobody said how easy a Vince Lombardi practice was.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2016, 10:56:10 AM

Asshole coaches win. Nobody said how easy a Vince Lombardi practice was.

Win? Everybody gets a trophy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2016, 11:00:20 AM
Win? Everybody gets a trophy.

Yes but Spicey's kids trophies will be covered with their sweat and blood :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

I was very sad to see that.  I always thought he was a great guy. 67 is too young to go.

CountDeMoney

That's a damned shame.  Really liked him.

Alcibiades

Cancer sucks (Chris Mortensen) :(

Also the debacle from last night.   :rolleyes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

You guys ready for LFFL 2016, draft is this Sunday!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, you can always tell when the Ravens training camp has begun;  start seeing the procession of incredibly high-end cars in the morning on the way to work, Aston Martins, Bentleys, tricked-out trucks.  derspeiss knows what I'm talking about.

When you see a vehicle and the only thing you recognize on it is the Mercedes-Benz logo, you know it's gotta be fucking expensive.  Gotta be out of their goddamned minds, driving shit that isn't even for sale in North America in this demolition derby of a bullshit city.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 08, 2016, 11:36:34 AM
Also the debacle from last night.   :rolleyes:

That's just the NFL not taking control of the situation, and the HOF stadium people dropping the ball on their own facility. If that game were held in a team's stadium as opposed to a "neutral" field, that sod would've been replaced between Friday night's redneck shitkicker concert and the game on Sunday night.  Teams do that shit all the time in the preseason, it would not have been a problem in a 48 hour window.  And the whole paint thing would've been a non-issue.