And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason 2016

Started by jimmy olsen, March 10, 2016, 02:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on April 29, 2016, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 29, 2016, 02:15:35 PM
I never said it was one time or that he and the coach didn't know this was running afoul of the NCAA. :P

Also, fuck the NCAA.  And fuck the Jets.

:D

E:  I didn't see him get picked.  How fast were the Dolphins on that?  THE DOLPHINS ARE ON THE CL-THE DOLPHINS HAVE MADE THEIR SELECTION

I think they made up their minds with about two minutes left.  I think there was some hesitation because of the Dion Jordan fiasco and the uncertainty over how far Tunsil would actually fall.

Valmy

Ah ok. I was wondering why Moldy was suddenly carrying a torch for Ole Miss  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 29, 2016, 02:49:00 PM
Ah ok. I was wondering why Moldy was suddenly carrying a torch for Ole Miss  :lol:

:lol:  Too funny, right? 

...With the thirteenth pick of the 2016 NFL Draft SHIT JUST GOT REAL

MadBurgerMaker

Cool the Texans got a Domer OL Nick Martin and now just picked up Braxton Miller in the 3rd.

sbr

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tarvaris-jackson-pulls-gun-on-wife-who-taunts-him-about-nfl-career-231052079.html

QuoteTarvaris Jackson pulls gun on wife who taunts him about NFL career

Tarvaris Jackson, a longtime NFL quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks who is currently a free agent, was arrested after he allegedly pulled a gun on his wife, according to Chris Hush of WESH in Orlando.
Hesh reported the news in a series of tweets, citing the police report that he also tweeted. Hesh said an intoxicated Jackson allegedly loaded a gun, pointed it at his wife and said "I'll kill you."

According to Hesh's tweets, Jackson's wife said, "You better be accurate (because) you ain't accurate on the field."

Jackson, who was in Kissimmee, Fla. visiting family, was grabbed by a witness to stop him from shooting, Hesh reported. The police report, which was cited by Hesh, said the victim grabbed a kitchen knife and a clothing iron for protection. The Osceola County County Corrections website said Jackson was booked Friday on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Jackson, who is 33, played in four games with the Seahawks last season. He spent five seasons before his time in Seattle with the Vikings. He has 39 touchdowns and 35 interceptions in 10 NFL seasons.

:lol:

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Valmy

Tony Eason can sleep a bit more soundly tonight. RIP Buddy Ryan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

So apparently we're not doing video on the Surface tablets this year.  Failed field testing.  I'm not surprised it failed, just that they recognized the results :ph34r:  So we're back to still images and paper prints as backup. 

Also, I'm not going to London.  They're sending DV Sport employees instead :ultra:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2016, 09:58:18 AM
RIP Buddy.  Not only was he an enormous sports icon in Philly, but he was also my neighbor in Kentucky.  Lived just up the road. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2016, 10:51:34 AM
So apparently we're not doing video on the Surface tablets this year.  Failed field testing.  I'm not surprised it failed, just that they recognized the results :ph34r:  So we're back to still images and paper prints as backup. 

Also, I'm not going to London.  They're sending DV Sport employees instead :ultra:

Awww man that would have been an awesome Languish meet-up.

The Minsky Moment

Appeals court denied Bradys en banc review request.
Next and last option is the Supreme Court - big hail mary.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 13, 2016, 12:42:56 PM
Appeals court denied Bradys en banc review request.
Next and last option is the Supreme Court - big hail mary.

Oh yeah I am sure the Supreme Court wants to hear that case.

derspiess

Yeah seems kinda frivolous, but with the circus the whole thing has been, might as well at this point.  ESPN would surely appreciate it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Quote from: Caliga on June 28, 2016, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2016, 09:58:18 AM
RIP Buddy.  Not only was he an enormous sports icon in Philly, but he was also my neighbor in Kentucky.  Lived just up the road. :(

I take it from the frowny face that he wasn't as big a jackass as a neighbor as he seemed like watching him coach on TV.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly didn't wish death on him, and I had a lot of respect for him as a DC, but as a head coach I thought he was kind of pathetic, and I didn't much like his public persona.