News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acting Football Players

Started by Eddie Teach, March 11, 2016, 11:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is the greatest actor to have played in the NFL?

Jim Brown
4 (12.9%)
Carl Weathers
7 (22.6%)
Alex Karras
1 (3.2%)
Fred Dryer
1 (3.2%)
OJ Simpson
3 (9.7%)
Fred Williamson
1 (3.2%)
Terry Bradshaw
0 (0%)
Howie Long
0 (0%)
Bubba Smith
1 (3.2%)
Terry Crews
8 (25.8%)
I'm gonna say The Rock cause the CFL is just as good :canuck:
4 (12.9%)
Romney/Jaron 2016!
0 (0%)
Other
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Norgy

Quote from: dps on March 13, 2016, 09:52:14 AM
Quote from: Norgy on March 13, 2016, 08:52:47 AM
If you allow write-ins from soccer, Pele was in a shitty WWII movie with Sly Stallone and some of Europe's finest. I think it was called "Escape to victory".

It was titled Victory.  At least, that was the US title;  it might have had a different title in other markets.

No, you're most likely right.
It's been 25 years or so since I saw it.
Norwegian footballer Hallvard Thoresen had a small part.

Sophie Scholl

Tough call between a few good options.  I'm going with my sentimental favorite and the unlisted John Matuszak.  He played for my favorite team (Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders)and he was in my favorite movie as a child (The Goonies).  I'm disappointed he didn't make the list. <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Oh, that was an Oscar-worthy performance there.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: Norgy on March 14, 2016, 01:01:13 AM
If you allow write-ins from soccer, Pele was in a shitty WWII movie with Sly Stallone and some of Europe's finest. I think it was called "Escape to victory".

It was titled Victory.  At least, that was the US title;  it might have had a different title in other markets.

Definitely Escape to Victory in the UK. As well as Sly and Pele, it had Ossie Ardilles, Bobbie Moore, Michael Caine and a bunch of other footballers.

Norgy

Quote from: Gups on March 14, 2016, 04:58:56 AM

Definitely Escape to Victory in the UK. As well as Sly and Pele, it had Ossie Ardilles, Bobbie Moore, Michael Caine and a bunch of other footballers.

Sly was the goalie, I remember. The Germans were suitably evil.

Of course, you'd throw the midget in as the goalie.
I think I need to find it and watch it again.  :lol:

The Larch

Quote from: Norgy on March 14, 2016, 06:17:46 AM

There's a Spanish company that makes replicas of classic & retro footie shirts that has made a model like the one Stallone wears, in case anyone is interested.  :P

Gups

Quote from: Norgy on March 14, 2016, 06:17:46 AM

I saw a chunk of it again a year or so ago. It's not a great film by any means but brought back some great memories of being a football mad kid in the later 70s/early 80s - John Wark, Mike Summerbe, Ipswich's glory days, Ozzie's army...