Main Menu

Article: "Bring back DDT, and science with it"

Started by Siege, February 29, 2016, 09:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on March 01, 2016, 05:39:40 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 01, 2016, 12:08:52 AM
Quote from: Siege on February 29, 2016, 09:58:29 PM
I saw some dude claiming the ban on DDT had killed millions of people. I was skeptical of it, so i goohle the thing and found this article from 2002.

So, any opinions on DDT?
Is the ban justified?
Its the science behind the ban accurate?

https://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/summ02/DDT.html

Hell, let's start putting lead back in household paint, so you can eat the chips. :lol:  Goofball.

Well, the lead ban is justified.
Plenty of research to prove it.

But i don't see how you can extrapolate that into banning all sort of things. How are lead and DDT  related?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: Maladict on March 01, 2016, 12:21:51 PM
That site is a hoot. If I had known my carbon offsets caused genocide I would have travelled a lot more.

La Rouche's people are bat shit crazy.  La Rouche himself is a Marxist or a Fascist or something.  I know he was Marxist for a long time, but went hard right a few decades ago.  I'm not sure you can qualify him as anything anymore besides crazy. Thinks the Queen of England rules an international drug cartel and is somehow going to deprive the US of meat.  He has some weird political cult around him.  My mom went to the Democratic Convention in '84 was nearly assaulted by those lunatics. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I used to love the LaRouche rallies at UT Austin. The hilarity was endless. I loved the un-ironic 'Obamahitler' posters they would display everywhere.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."