News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Immigration Option Question

Started by alfred russel, February 22, 2016, 02:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

She's out of money?
She's not very good at this immigrant thing is she.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on February 22, 2016, 04:35:55 PM
She's out of money?
She's not very good at this immigrant thing is she.

She has also been out of work the past couple months. And she may not be out of money. I'm just guessing on that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on February 22, 2016, 03:59:19 PM
How hot is she?

Well she clearly is not worthy of Dorsey's Heisman vote. So odds are not good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on February 22, 2016, 03:36:37 PM
The fact that someone can be here for 16 years on a work visa and still be on very shaky ground is an abomination.  But unfortunately it's not at all unexpected.

Would it have been preferable to deny her application at some point in the past to avoid this situation?

BTW, good work with your articles. :cheers:

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on February 22, 2016, 05:01:07 PM

Well she clearly is not worthy of Dorsey's Heisman vote. So odds are not good.

I only get one vote, and I'm holding out for Ken.  :P

If I told you she was cute and into rock climbing (which is how I know her), it seems like the "marry her" chorus would gain momentum. That does however seem like a really bad idea. I'd be willing to help out in other ways though, like helping with legal fees presuming there was a prospect for success.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2016, 05:12:58 PM
If I told you she was cute and into rock climbing (which is how I know her),

Take her out a couple times, see how it goes.

I'm not going to recommend helping her commit fraud, but there's nothing wrong with a whirlwind romance...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

The advice to marry a woman so she can stay in the country seems absurdly shortsighted. So she marries me to get a green card and then once she does what happens?

Malthus

Quote from: alfred russel on February 22, 2016, 05:48:32 PM
The advice to marry a woman so she can stay in the country seems absurdly shortsighted. So she marries me to get a green card and then once she does what happens?

Divorces you and gets a generous support package.

In short, a happy ending.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

A loveless marriage. So like a large percentage of other marriages :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on February 22, 2016, 05:56:50 PM

Divorces you and gets a generous support package.

In short, a happy ending.  :D

Exactly. Even if not, who wants the basis of a marriage to be the only available alternative to avoid deportation to what is now a strange third world country?

DGuller

Introduce her to Seedy, she'll stay in this country for the rest of her life for sure.

MadImmortalMan

She divorces you and takes half your money, of course. You said she was broke. I bet she's got loans from her GT time too.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

A more reasonable course of action might be for her to move to a state that gives illegals drivers' licenses.  No one is being deported right now unless you kill someone.  Things are not likely to change if Hill gets elected.  I know California gives illegals licenses.  There must be others.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 22, 2016, 06:47:16 PM
A more reasonable course of action might be for her to move to a state that gives illegals drivers' licenses.  No one is being deported right now unless you kill someone.  Things are not likely to change if Hill gets elected.  I know California gives illegals licenses.  There must be others.

Won't solve the problem of not being able to prove a legal right to work in the US. I doubt she wants to go get a landscaping job.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers