News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Wow, a day after the Boise loss gave Wyoming the Mountain Division, the team comes out...looking awful.

Oh well.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 26, 2016, 08:05:57 PM
So jelly.

If OSU had hired me, we could've been wearing big fancy hats and sipping mint juleps together as we strolled past the paddocks this morning.

But noooo..."We give preference to Ohio residents for employment..."

Schmidt's Sausage Haus manager: OH FUCK, ITS THOSE TWO WEIRDOS AGAIN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Wyo down 21 at the end of the 1st quarter.  Wow the old time suck is strong.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Holy shit New Mexico was averaging 21.5 yards per carry when I turned that game on.  Wyoming made them punt a few plays later, but damn.

E:  That was on 20 carries btw.

PDH

The suck is strong tonight.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Nice run by #5 to get the TD just now though.

dps

On the flip side, Wyoming's opponent in the Mountain West title game also sucked in their last regular season game.  Probably doesn't do the TV ratings for the game any favors.

PDH

The Mountain West has a Mountain Division that has Boise, Air Force, Colorado State, New Mexico, and Wyoming in it.  All are bowl eligible.  Only Utah State, recently far better, has a losing record.

The Mountain West also has the West Division.  There San Diego State is bowl eligible.  It really isn't too hard to see why SDSU sucks when they don't play teams like Hawaii, Fresno State, and San Jose State.  They have the nations leading rusher...he got to play against those teams.

I just hope Wyoming can rebound.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Urban Meyer's wife Shelley savaged Jim Harbaugh with a milk joke

Pretty funny, considering the milking her husband was getting at the hands of a 23 year old coed on the Gators Dance Team.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Rasputin

Over the last four years the Noles are 8 and 0 against gators and canes, have one national title and a heineman trophy. I officially proclaim fisher a success.

So I was thinking would I rather go 8 and 0 against gators and canes for the next 4 years or have a national title?  I'd rather beat my rivals.

So what about the rest of you?  You have a choice. One national championship in the next four years but your one loss each year is to a bitter in state rival, or you don't get a title but are guaranteed victory against your two most bitter rivals for each of the next four years. What do you chose?
Who is John Galt?

CountDeMoney

You know what those kids would prefer:  41 athletes from 15 high schools.  It all about that down there.

Berkut

The all conference teams were announced today.

Arizona did not have a single player on the All-Pac12 first team. Or the second team.

Supposedly Rich Rod has a pretty great recruiting class coming in, so hopefully things will get better. Honestly, I hope they give him quite a bit of time and space, assuming he is doing things the right way. If he is doing things the not right way, and still losing, then of course he has to go, but I  can be pretty patient if it just takes time to establish the program. These days it seems like the amount of time given coaches is well short of the amount of time it can reasonable be expected to take a school like Arizona from mediocrity to consistent contention.

Great article here about this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2677700-cheat-or-go-home-inside-the-dysfunctional-hell-of-becoming-a-cfb-coach?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned