News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

LaCroix

for a lower class woman who has to occasionally bring her baby out in public, is it easy to avoid public breastfeeding or is it sometimes necessary?

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 01:45:58 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 05, 2016, 06:59:26 AMAs you know I do like Bernie Sanders quite a bit, but certainly his social warriors are all kinds of insufferable. This one just popped up.

How is breastfeeding in public viewed in Spain?

I guess it depends. I see it plenty but this is a pretty liberal town. I have even seen it in churches.  It might be different in smaller places.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on March 07, 2016, 02:05:52 PM
Intently?

I lol'd.  And then burped it back up.

celedhring

Quote from: LaCroix on March 07, 2016, 02:11:02 PM
for a lower class woman who has to occasionally bring her baby out in public, is it easy to avoid public breastfeeding or is it sometimes necessary?

You just can't control when a baby is going to get hungry, and it will be hungry plenty.

I don't see how this is a lower class issue by the way. If you want to breast feed your baby, you'll run into this issue unless you choose to stay at home all day long, no matter your income level.

LaCroix

aren't there ways to feed a baby in public without resorting to breastfeeding? referenced poor people in case alternative methods were expensive

celedhring

Quote from: LaCroix on March 07, 2016, 03:58:41 PM
aren't there ways to feed a baby in public without resorting to breastfeeding? referenced poor people in case alternative methods were expensive

Baby formula isn't very expensive -  over here at least, particularly if you just want to use it while being in public. Breastfeeding is often a choice as some consider it a healthier way of raising your baby (I am not aware of the science backing or not backing that).

Valmy

People just need to let people freaking breastfeed their babies. FFS people. Just remember if the baby has a boob in its mouth it cannot scream.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2016, 04:11:41 PMBaby formula isn't very expensive -  over here at least, particularly if you just want to use it while being in public. Breastfeeding is often a choice as some consider it a healthier way of raising your baby (I am not aware of the science backing or not backing that).

:hmm:

isn't pumping (or whatever it is) an alternative to baby formula? basically, if bottle + food (either formula or natural) is perfectly fine, then why would women ever breastfeed in public? aside from forgetting the bottle or whatever

Quote from: ValmyPeople just need to let people freaking breastfeed their babies. FFS people. Just remember if the baby has a boob in its mouth it cannot scream.

I think people let mothers breastfeed their babies, don't they? most people are passive aggressive. if someone actually complains, treat that person like you would any other hall monitor

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2016, 04:11:59 PM
People just need to let people freaking breastfeed their babies. FFS people. Just remember if the baby has a boob in its mouth it cannot scream.

If it doesn't exist, it can't scream either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 04:26:04 PM

If it they doesn't exist, it they can't scream either.

Fixed your post. Or broke it, depending on your point of view.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

LaCroix

I guess what I'm getting at is this: are modern day breastfeed-in-public campaigns essentially "stop seeing this beautiful act as being awkward as fuck/gross"?

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on March 07, 2016, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2016, 04:11:41 PMBaby formula isn't very expensive -  over here at least, particularly if you just want to use it while being in public. Breastfeeding is often a choice as some consider it a healthier way of raising your baby (I am not aware of the science backing or not backing that).

:hmm:

isn't pumping (or whatever it is) an alternative to baby formula? basically, if bottle + food (either formula or natural) is perfectly fine, then why would women ever breastfeed in public? aside from forgetting the bottle or whatever

If you are breasfeeding a child, then "puming" is not an alternative to breastfeeding at any particular moment, since the mom will have to pump at some point as well. The boobs fill with milk, and it has to be removed, either by pumping or feeding. If you thinking feeding a baby in public is a bit distracting, I can assure you that hooking mom up to a couple pumps in public is much more so.

If you are breastfeeding a child, then it is likely (hopefully) on some kind of feeding schedule. If you happen to be in public when the combination of baby + breasts + schedule means it is feeding time, then feeding is going to happen. Most women find somewhere non-public to do that - certainly my wife would never have done so in public under any circumstances, she would have found it mortifying.

But the idea that you can just forgo feeding by grabbing a bottle is not really (or always) accurate. Depending on the child and mother, formula may not be an option at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2016, 02:44:56 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 05, 2016, 06:59:26 AMAs you know I do like Bernie Sanders quite a bit, but certainly his social warriors are all kinds of insufferable. This one just popped up.

I guess it depends. I see it plenty but this is a pretty liberal town. I have even seen it in churches.  It might be different in smaller places.

... so people in the US who'd like something similar to what you're used to are insufferable social warriors? Seems bit unfair, tbh.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 04:26:04 PM

If it doesn't exist, it can't scream either.

I don't know. I just figure it is easier to be cool when people breastfeed their babies than commit mass genocide of everybody under the age of 2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 04:49:05 PM
Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2016, 02:44:56 PM

... so people in the US who'd like something similar to what you're used to are insufferable social warriors? Seems bit unfair, tbh.

I don't object her aspiration, I object the preciousness and the whole "touched by Bernie made this the happiest day ever" thing. I would vote for Bernie if I were American, but I find the whole social media personality cult a tad irritating.

Meh, maybe I have a short fuse for this kind of thing.