News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2016, 09:20:39 PMI mean we discuss the motivations of public people all the time.  Yet in this particular you seem to have an issue with it.

Not really. Fundamentally I agree with MiM that it's not really any of my business.

However, Hillary Clinton is obviously a hot topic right now and as part of that there's the whole "she's a cold calculating shrew, as evidenced by her sham marriage" thing. Thus I'm interested in finding out exactly what the substance of this whole "sham marriage" allegation is; and it appears it's nothing but insinuations.

Ultimately, whether it's insinuations or there's some actual evidence that the marriage is purely based on political calculations, I don't think the sex and love lives of public figures are any of our business unless it involves underage prostitution, rape, or domestic abuse - and that holds across the entire political spectrum. But I'm still curious about the evidence if the subject is currently topical.

derspiess

Gotta agree with grabon and grumbler here.  Nothing to get excited over.  There is no way the Obama Justice Dept. is going to indict Hillary.  I'd very happily eat my words later, but no matter how guilty she may be, it just ain't happening.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Trump is promising to prosecute Hillary. How interesting the debate will be. "I'm going to have you thrown in jail."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on March 03, 2016, 05:00:54 PM
Trump is promising to prosecute Hillary. How interesting the debate will be. "I'm going to have you thrown in jail."

Fucker better not pull that shit.  It might make me forget all the bad stuff he's said :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

I'M GOING TO SEND YOU TO SING SING!  SING SING HILARY

Call him Charles Foster Trump.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

Derspiess, you have some experience with less than fully mature democracies. Don't you see problems with parties running on platforms of putting their opponents in jail?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on March 03, 2016, 05:28:00 PM
Derspiess, you have some experience with less than fully mature democracies. Don't you see problems with parties running on platforms of putting their opponents in jail?

Sure.  I'll make an exception here though ;)

Monoriu

Aren't "cold and calculating" desirable qualities in a president?  I mean, it isn't like a hot headed president is preferable. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 04:36:14 PM
Gotta agree with grabon and grumbler here.  Nothing to get excited over.  There is no way the Obama Justice Dept. is going to indict Hillary.  I'd very happily eat my words later, but no matter how guilty she may be, it just ain't happening.

If the FBI recommends indictment and Obama declines, it will definitely leak. Wouldn't that be even worse electorally for the Dems than throwing her to the wolves and going with Sanders or picking Biden or Warren at the convention.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2016, 05:47:10 PM
If the FBI recommends indictment and Obama declines, it will definitely leak. Wouldn't that be even worse electorally for the Dems than throwing her to the wolves and going with Sanders or picking Biden or Warren at the convention.

The FBI's not gonna recommend indictment.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 03, 2016, 05:47:10 PM
picking Biden or Warren at the convention.

If the choice were Trump or Biden, it would be much easier for me to vote Democratic.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 05:22:14 PM

Fucker better not pull that shit.  It might make me forget all the bad stuff he's said :angry:

He can prosecute them all he wants it will not go anywhere. I mean that would be the end of Hillary's career anyway so it would be too late to benefit your party and she would walk. You know damn well they will always get away with it. It is what they do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 05:39:07 PM

Man you are a shrill about this :lol:

After all the free trade deals and welfare reform the first Clinton regime did to. At least that makes it clear it is hysterical and personal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2016, 09:30:18 PM
He can prosecute them all he wants it will not go anywhere. I mean that would be the end of Hillary's career anyway so it would be too late to benefit your party and she would walk. You know damn well they will always get away with it. It is what they do.

I'd just enjoy seeing him threaten it.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on March 03, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 05:39:07 PM

Man you are a shrill about this :lol:

:secret: He's playing the game.  He's not being shrill about this at all, from what I can see.  I've been rather surprised and pleased at the way he has passed on temptations to troll the shit out of this story.

Siege, not so much.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!