News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 08:44:35 PM
You prefer Trump instead?

No, not that it's at all relevant to the statement I was making.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 29, 2016, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 08:44:35 PM
You prefer Trump instead?

No, not that it's at all relevant to the statement I was making.

Realistically, only Trump and Hillary have a chance to become the next president.  Since you don't prefer Hillary, I must ask if you prefer the other one :contract:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on February 29, 2016, 09:14:07 PM
Realistically, only Trump and Hillary have a chance to become the next president.  Since you don't prefer Hillary, I must ask if you prefer the other one :contract:

That's not what I said. I don't think she's that talented as a politician/beauty pageant contestant/snake oil salesman, but that's not really a bad thing as far as how she would perform in office.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quite frankly, after 8 years of overly-idealistic naivete preceded by 8 years of vapidly smirking fratboy towelsnapping, I could use a coolly efficient and cynically realistic professional political operative in the Oval Office not named Dick Cheney for a change.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 29, 2016, 09:43:41 PM
Quite frankly, after 8 years of overly-idealistic naivete preceded by 8 years of vapidly smirking fratboy towelsnapping, I could use a coolly efficient and cynically realistic professional political operative in the Oval Office not named Dick Cheney for a change.

Yeah that is my thinking on the matter. Time for a veteran insider to run this ship for a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on February 29, 2016, 07:38:16 PM
Quote from: dps on February 29, 2016, 06:18:12 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 28, 2016, 04:18:47 PM
I think some of this dislike wouldn't exist if everything stayed the same except she were male

If she were male, no one would have ever heard of her outside of Illinois, 'cause then she wouldn't have been married to Bill, and she(well, he) would be a successful but obscure lawyer in Chicago.

Too true!  The idea that a Chicago lawyer could get elected President of the United States without having been married  to a previous president is obviously absurd!  It has never happpened.
:lol:

Norgy

You have been a Hillary voter for as long as I can remember. I think she'd do a good job.
A divisive character, for sure, but with more clout than Sanders.

I like Sanders' ideas and he's incredibly funny to watch go apeshit about something, but I am not sure he'd be a good president.
That he is in fact still in the race, is incredible if you ask me.

DGuller

Never been sold on her "coolly efficiency".  Jusr because you're an SOB doesn't mean you're efficient.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2016, 06:49:48 AM
Never been sold on her "coolly efficiency".  Jusr because you're an SOB doesn't mean you're efficient.

Do you mean DOB? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2016, 06:49:48 AM

What are the main things that make you consider her an SOB/DOB/B?

I mean, personally I have the impression that that reputation is primarily the result of a decades long smear campaign by political opponents and media discomfort with powerful women. It's just an impression though, so I'm curious about the specifics that led you to that conclusion.

derspiess

Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

derspiess

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.