News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2016, 07:38:29 AM
Personally, while I would kinda like Sanders to win on a human level, from the Polish perspective, Hillary would be a much more preferable choice.

Betcha Bernie has eaten more pierogis.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 16, 2016, 12:37:38 PM
Quote from: Martinus on February 16, 2016, 07:38:29 AM
Personally, while I would kinda like Sanders to win on a human level, from the Polish perspective, Hillary would be a much more preferable choice.

Betcha Bernie has eaten more pierogis.

I thought it was a reference to Poles making historically bad choices  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 16, 2016, 12:42:41 PM
I thought it was a reference to Poles making historically bad choices  :hmm:

He's saying Hillary will be tougher on Russia.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

He's saying that Bernie is a Jew.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Phillip V

Sanders has closed the gap seriously with Clinton in national polls, leading in one for the first time.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_democratic_presidential_nomination-3824.html

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, I still think Clinton wins because there's a positive feedback loop in the media and for voters with success; Bernie might win or tie Nevada, but will still likely lose almost every Super Tuesday state. That will decrease the number of media stories on "is Bernie dethroning Hillary", which should have follow on hits to his support. Like any candidate Bernie has a core of diehards (who are a larger portion of his voters than Hillary's diehards) and then people who are supporting him lightly. Some of those non-diehards will go away after a string of defeats.

But national polls are important, and show a genuine movement. But the demographics of Super Tuesday still hurt him tremendously, and to me if he has any real chance he has to still be polling well nationally after losing 75% of Super Tuesday states.

Mind Obama won South Carolina and all the SEC states, it's not a coincidence he became the nominee--it's hard for any Democrat to get through the primary process with no southern support. Clinton did well in the rust belt and several of the larger states like California and New York, but it wasn't enough to offset Obama's delegate wins in the other states.

Phillip V

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 19, 2016, 01:53:22 PM
Yeah, I still think Clinton wins because there's a positive feedback loop in the media and for voters with success; Bernie might win or tie Nevada, but will still likely lose almost every Super Tuesday state. That will decrease the number of media stories on "is Bernie dethroning Hillary", which should have follow on hits to his support. Like any candidate Bernie has a core of diehards (who are a larger portion of his voters than Hillary's diehards) and then people who are supporting him lightly. Some of those non-diehards will go away after a string of defeats.

But national polls are important, and show a genuine movement. But the demographics of Super Tuesday still hurt him tremendously, and to me if he has any real chance he has to still be polling well nationally after losing 75% of Super Tuesday states.

Mind Obama won South Carolina and all the SEC states, it's not a coincidence he became the nominee--it's hard for any Democrat to get through the primary process with no southern support. Clinton did well in the rust belt and several of the larger states like California and New York, but it wasn't enough to offset Obama's delegate wins in the other states.
2008 Dem primary/caucus results map: