I don't like it.
6 (10.7%)
Its terrible
4 (7.1%)
I've never seen it
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Eddie Teach

BTW, is Blossom supposed to be Sheldon's gf?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 02, 2016, 09:06:28 PM
BTW, is Blossom supposed to be Sheldon's gf?
Yes

From what I gather they are close friends in real life.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I think Bialik has a degree in neuroscience or some shit like that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Perhaps she needed to prove she wasn't just some dumb actress.  :hmm:

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 02, 2016, 09:18:37 PM
Perhaps she needed to prove she wasn't just some dumb actress.  :hmm:
Eh, sure. Kind of like the dude that plays Chow on the hangover. He's a doctor. What a great fallback.

HVC

Quote from: 11B4V on February 02, 2016, 09:14:33 PM
she's also anti-vaccine so she can't be that good a scientist.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on February 02, 2016, 09:58:49 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on February 02, 2016, 09:14:33 PM
she's also anti-vaccine so she can't be that good a scientist.

If she's anti vac then why would you vaccinate your kids.

https://m.facebook.com/official.mayim.bialik/posts/10155194874840008

Probably better than a law degree.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 07:40:38 PM
People are generally very vocal about their sexualities.

Maybe in your foul corner of the world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on February 02, 2016, 11:24:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 02, 2016, 07:40:38 PM
People are generally very vocal about their sexualities.

Maybe in your foul corner of the world.
Wonder what he meant by that.

Eddie Teach

People talk about their significant other to almost anyone and if they're in a casual conversation with people they're comfortable with may discuss what kind of features they like/people they're attracted to/etc. They don't have to talk about their "sexuality" in the abstracted form that Marty drones on about.

Josquius

Pleasantly surprised at the positivity about the show.
I quite like it. It's not something I love and absolutely have to see but it is probably the best American sitcom going. Good light tv.
Yet what prompted this post....on Facebook a friend, for the nth time, going on about how bad it was, how it was just nerd blackface and too many geeks were too stupid to realise non geeks were laughing at them, etc.... :rolleyes:
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 03, 2016, 02:58:37 AM
Pleasantly surprised at the positivity about the show.
I quite like it. It's not something I love and absolutely have to see but it is probably the best American sitcom going. Good light tv.
Yet what prompted this post....on Facebook a friend, for the nth time, going on about how bad it was, how it was just nerd blackface and too many geeks were too stupid to realise non geeks were laughing at them, etc.... :rolleyes:

:lol: Jokes are hitting too close to home or what? I think it is very important to be able to laugh at the quirky things of your own subculture and Big Bang is pretty good for that. Not nearly as awesome as the early seasons, but I still watch it.

And your friend is totally wrong because I have not encountered a single non-geek who enjoys the show. It is about geeks laughing at themselves, which I enjoy doing.

The Larch

It is not the best American sitcom going. By far. It might be the most popular and/or watched, but it is not the best in terms of quality.

Josquius

What is better?
I can't think of much else good at the moment.
Brooklyn Nine Nine I guess. And........err......
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

I feel its something aimed at my geeky demographic, albeit a wee bit younger (despite some actors being in their 40s). but I don't identify or sympathise with anyone in it and it's far too mainstream to appeal to real geeks. It's geeks as written by a committee of creatives targeting awards and viewing figures.

Something like Pegg and Frost's Cornetto film trilogy and Spaced TV series hit that nerd-comedy niche far better while remaining popular and properly funny.