Afro-Centrism: Making Me Explode With Rage Since Gradeschool

Started by Queequeg, June 28, 2009, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Alatriste on June 29, 2009, 01:44:41 AM
Cleopatra? Cleopatra was Greek (and had more than enough nose to prove it, if her coins are to be believed) and was born 250 years after the Macedonians had conquered Egypt for themselves and stablished a Greek dinasty. And the Ptolemies married amongst themselves, so she was probably as Greek as Ptolemy I Soter.
She was not Greek. She was a Macedonian, ffs. Why do people insist on confusing the two?

Jaron

It is just like when people confuse Poland and normal Europeans. Or GAYS and HUMAN BEINGS. PWNED
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Richard Hakluyt

That's a rather snobbish Athenian point of view Marti  :P

The Macedonians spoke Greek, competed in the (Greek only) Olympic games and the royal family was descended from Herakles. Now they were bumpkins, the Arkansas of Hellas  :P, but they were not barbarians.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 02, 2009, 02:12:18 AM
That's a rather snobbish Athenian point of view Marti  :P

The Macedonians spoke Greek, competed in the (Greek only) Olympic games and the royal family was descended from Herakles. Now they were bumpkins, the Arkansas of Hellas  :P, but they were not barbarians.

Actually, I was coming from the position that Macedonians were superior (or at least, hotter) than Greeks. :P

I think Macedonians themselves took great pains to point out they are a different ethnic group (even if they adopted a lot of Greek culture).

While Macedonians melted with Greeks later on, at the time the Ptolemeans branched out they were still pretty distinct. :P

Josquius

I notice now all his videos seem to have been deleted, heh.
Quote from: garbon on July 01, 2009, 06:40:53 PM
Quote from: Tyr on July 01, 2009, 06:11:54 PM
Afro-centrism is very retarded indeed.
Especially since it is mostly spread by African-Americans (West Africans generally) yet they always go on and on about the Ethiopians and Nubians...East Africans. Far more of a difference there than between many Caucasian groups. Certainly not their ancestors.

:yawn:
What?
██████
██████
██████

Palisadoes

Yeah I had seen this before. Loads of black-supremacism out there. The Vikings and ancient Greeks were apparently black... according to them!? :lmfao:

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on July 01, 2009, 10:38:42 PM
I've been on the internet a long time, but that's probably the wackiest thing I've heard in all my time.  I love how the White Supremacist-Jews Destroy Nations-is the voice of reason.

It is not tht wacky.  It is the same sort of stuff racists have been saying about other races forever.  It is rather boring standard fare.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 07:49:28 AM
It is not tht wacky.  It is the same sort of stuff racists have been saying about other races forever.  It is rather boring standard fare.
White supremist Jews is pretty fucking wacky.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 02, 2009, 08:09:44 AM

Pretty sure a racist with the handle 'Jews Destroy Nations' is anti-semitic not philo-semitic. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on July 01, 2009, 11:59:53 PM
I have encountered these stories too..

I took African American history in college and my instructor once talked about the African influence on the Caribbean..

PRE Columbus! :lol:
Ivan van Sertima  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 08:11:56 AM

Pretty sure a racist with the handle 'Jews Destroy Nations' is anti-semitic not philo-semitic. :P

Well, I don't know. If you were a member of a race capable of destroying entire nations, wouldn't you like to advertise that? :P

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2009, 08:41:50 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2009, 08:11:56 AM

Well, I don't know. If you were a member of a race capable of destroying entire nations, wouldn't you like to advertise that? :P

Jews: we killed your God and destroy whole nations. Bow down!  :Joos
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 02, 2009, 08:41:50 AM

Jews don't advertise their international conspiracy.  Once it gets out they lose their powers.