Main Menu

David Bowie is dead.

Started by Martinus, January 11, 2016, 02:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 10:51:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
Stupidest thing I've read today- it's a just an advertising gimmick because he has a new album out :pinch:

Just listened to his new single for the first time. Timing.....wow

What the fuck are you talking about?

First line:
QuoteLook up here, I'm in heaven

I think he inquired about the idiocy you mentioned regarding advertising gimmicks, not the now obvious self-awareness of Bowie's imminent death.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Warren Zevon did the self-aware/imminent death thing best:
QuoteWell, I went to the doctor
I said, "I'm feeling kind of rough"
"Let me break it to you, son
Your shit's fucked up"

I said, "My shit's fucked up?
Well I don't see how"
He said, "The shit that used to work
It won't work now"

Read more: Warren Zevon - My Shit's Fucked Up Lyrics | MetroLyrics
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

I once went to the cinema with David Bowie. Not as a date, sadly. He was at the première of (rather crap) film called Splitting Heirs that I got tickets to through the film distribution company I worked for at the time. He wafted within yards of me and I did my make-up in the ladies' powder room next to Iman, who is 90% neck. There was an after party with strawberry vodka shots.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Liep on January 11, 2016, 11:01:38 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 10:51:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
Stupidest thing I've read today- it's a just an advertising gimmick because he has a new album out :pinch:

Just listened to his new single for the first time. Timing.....wow

What the fuck are you talking about?

First line:
QuoteLook up here, I’m in heaven

I think he inquired about the idiocy you mentioned regarding advertising gimmicks, not the now obvious self-awareness of Bowie's imminent death.

This.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

dps

Heard the news on my way to work this morning.  Crappy way to begin the day.  :(

Josquius

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 11:56:15 AM

This.
:unsure:
In that case isn't it obvious what I'm talking about?
Somebody said something ridiculously stupid. I found it mildly amusing that someone would say such a thing.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 04:21:31 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 11:56:15 AM

This.
:unsure:
In that case isn't it obvious what I'm talking about?
Somebody said something ridiculously stupid. I found it mildly amusing that someone would say such a thing.

You say so many ridiculous things that they assumed that you were saying the report of his death was the stupidist thing you'd heard today and that it was an advertisement gimmick, not that the above statement was the stupidist thing you'd heard today.

I understood what you meant, but I can see how it's unclear.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Languish showing it's quality it again, pissing up someone's RIP/in memory thread with a pointless discussion about the interpretation of what someone said or didn't mean etc.  :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

It is clear that Tyr was saying the rumors about this being a hoax to sell albums was ridiculous. Some people just need to lash out at somebody for something.

#JeSuisTyr
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jacob

Quote from: Jaron on January 11, 2016, 06:58:52 PM
It is clear that Tyr was saying the rumors about this being a hoax to sell albums was ridiculous. Some people just need to lash out at somebody for something.

#JeSuisTyr

Yeah, just people being daft.

RIP - David Bowie

Martinus

Apparently, Donald Trump is the same age as David Bowie. Good going, God.  :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

Trump's health is extraordinary.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?