News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

David Bowie is dead.

Started by Martinus, January 11, 2016, 02:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

:cry:

Blackstar is such a beautiful album, if you gotta go that's some way of doing it.

RIP.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Like everyone else here, I'm a bit shocked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

David Bowie was one of those people you just couldn't imagine succumbing to death.  I'm not surprised by this news, but I am shocked.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Stupidest thing I've read today- it's a just an advertising gimmick because he has a new album out :pinch:

Just listened to his new single for the first time. Timing.....wow
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Quote from: Tyr on January 11, 2016, 10:50:03 AM
Stupidest thing I've read today- it's a just an advertising gimmick because he has a new album out :pinch:

What the fuck are you talking about?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 10:51:50 AM

We hardly ever know.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on January 11, 2016, 10:49:04 AM
David Bowie was one of those people you just couldn't imagine succumbing to death.  I'm not surprised by this news, but I am shocked.

I agree. I find it regretful when an actor or musician whose work I enjoyed passes on. But I find myself surprised that I'm genuinely deeply sad about David Bowie. It seems like he's always been around and would always be around with his youthful smile and charming ways. He was a true artist, re-inventing himself so many times and always at the forefront of style instead of following it. The world seems much less special and has lost some of its magic.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 11, 2016, 10:51:50 AM

First line:
QuoteLook up here, I'm in heaven
██████
██████
██████