News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

And apparently lots of independent microbreweries.

derspiess

So Tommy's baseball season starts Friday.  The regular league he's in is a little too watered down IMO, so I got him on an 8U select team in addition to his regular team.  He's never played before, but the coach let him on the select team after he tried out.  Anyway his Friday game is with his 8u team and the coach is going to have him pitch.  Poor kid's gonna get shelled :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

I thought he was older than 8. Or if it's grade 8 that you'd have had him playing for years.   :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

It's all over now.  THIS IS THE REAL TEAM :cry:

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2016, 02:36:22 AM
I thought he was older than 8. Or if it's grade 8 that you'd have had him playing for years.   :hmm:

Nah, he turned 8 in January.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 14, 2016, 08:41:00 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2016, 02:36:22 AM

Nah, he turned 8 in January.

My son is 5. I went to register him for Kindergarten today. Holy shit it was weird to be inside an Elementary School again after...um...a long time.

There were posters saying stuff like 'win-win' and 'synergize' on the walls so I can see he will definitely be prepared for the corporate world :bleeding:  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2016, 01:41:32 PM
There were posters saying stuff like 'win-win' and 'synergize' on the walls so I can see he will definitely be prepared for the corporate world :bleeding:  :lol:

Lol increasing shareholder value one RBI at a time

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2016, 01:41:32 PM
My son is 5. I went to register him for Kindergarten today. Holy shit it was weird to be inside an Elementary School again after...um...a long time.

The thing that struck me when I first went into my kid's elementary school is that it smells exactly the same as my elementary school smelled-- musty books and pencil wood/graphite.

Probably not as many smelly kids as mine had, though.

katmai

Good god fahdiz needs to act like Cubs have won something before...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on April 14, 2016, 03:54:12 PM

Well...they haven't.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2016, 03:58:50 PM

Well...they haven't.

How soon we forget the back to back championships of 1907-1908. :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2016, 04:01:10 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2016, 03:58:50 PM

Well...they haven't.

How soon we forget the back to back championships of 1907-1908. :cry:

Teddy Roosevelt really enjoyed those series.

Eddie Teach

Teddy had no home state pride, just like Benedict Arnold?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 14, 2016, 04:06:46 PM
Teddy had no home state pride, just like Benedict Arnold?  :hmm:

I'm pretty sure Theodore Roosevelt wasn't from Michigan.   :P
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock