News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

And the Orioles starting lineup is like the Chinese economy.  Just waiting to collapse.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2016, 11:38:46 PM
And the Orioles starting lineup is like the Chinese economy.  Just waiting to collapse.

It is just what I told you in 2014 man. We have to enjoy it while it lasts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2016, 11:38:08 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2016, 09:22:05 PM
Taxes are due Friday, however.

Wrong.  Monday, April 18th.  Friday is Emancipation Day in Washington, DC;  the kind of holiday derweiß could get behind.

Damn, Free the Slaves Day delays paying your taxes?  To a Republican that's a dilemma like offering free bacon to a Jew.

derspiess

Reds fans were all prepared for doom and gloom and don't quite seem able to cope with being 5-1 after the first week.  That will change into unfounded arrogance if their team has a good second and/or third week.

And of course Cubs fans are treating their 5-1 start like they just won the damned World Series. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Cleveland Caucasians. It has a nice alliterative effect.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

I prefer the Pittsburgh Palefaces.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2016, 08:21:14 AM
Reds fans were all prepared for doom and gloom and don't quite seem able to cope with being 5-1 after the first week.  That will change into unfounded arrogance if their team has a good second and/or third week.

And of course Cubs fans are treating their 5-1 start like they just won the damned World Series.

Royals are 4-1.  And they did just win the World Series.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

And the non-bandwagoning fans have every right to remind us of that.  Not directing that at you-- there were quite a few Royals "fans" that came out of the woodwork in the past few months.  Including some goofball Reds fans that were excited about Cueto.

derspiess

Cardinals did the Bugs Bunny bat-around in the first three innings of their home opener today.  Friggin' 7 extra base hits by the third with zero outs.  I know it's against the Brewers, but the stats still count.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2016, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2016, 11:38:08 PM
the kind of holiday derweiß could get behind.

I was referring to the whole "Lincoln paid them to get the fuck out of D.C." angle. 
One of the earliest examples of urban gentrification.

derspiess

Okay.  What does that have to do with baseball, CountDeMalcom?

Valmy

Yeah 1860s DC was a real hipster gentrified place :P

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2016, 06:39:11 PM

Kinda.  Beards all over the damned place.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 11, 2016, 06:45:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 11, 2016, 06:39:11 PM

Kinda.  Beards all over the damned place.

Ooooh that's true.