Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Barrister on March 30, 2016, 09:06:24 PM
BA! :hug:

I really want to buy me one of these gold Royals WS championship hats. :grr:

http://shop.mlb.com/Kansas_City_Royals_Caps/Mens_Kansas_City_Royals_New_Era_Royal_Authentic_Collection_On_Field_Opening_Day_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

I like it.  I almost think the only reason they won is because I transferred my allegiance to Cleveland.  I have a worse taint than Timmah when it comes to sports teams. :cry:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

I got to meet George Foster last night.  Great guy, tells some great stories.  Still in great shape for a 66 year old dude.  Would like to see the rest of the Great Eight while they're still alive.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I have to love the fact that my team being the defending WS champion means their opening game is covered by ESPN/TSN. :yeah:

Fun game to watch.  Considering it was only 1/162 I was way too involved, but fun to see the pennant raised, and of course good to see the good guys win again tonight.

And I couldn't help myself - I ordered an overpriced gold Royals WS champ hat. :shutup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 30, 2016, 06:34:22 PM
Baseball Trip 2016 is ready to go!  I'll be hitting Cleveland midweek for a three game set versus the Mariners April 19-21.  I managed to get the usual hotel I stay at for 2 nights and the same tickets for all three games for under $400 split between my friend and I.  The tickets are pretty solid as well, 2nd row from the field just a bit past the visitor's dugout.  My pants are a dairy factory right now.  So much excitement!

Do you have any other trips planned for the season?  Btw, my kid got put on the Indians team in his little league :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on April 05, 2016, 02:16:42 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 30, 2016, 06:34:22 PM
Baseball Trip 2016 is ready to go!  I'll be hitting Cleveland midweek for a three game set versus the Mariners April 19-21.  I managed to get the usual hotel I stay at for 2 nights and the same tickets for all three games for under $400 split between my friend and I.  The tickets are pretty solid as well, 2nd row from the field just a bit past the visitor's dugout.  My pants are a dairy factory right now.  So much excitement!

Do you have any other trips planned for the season?  Btw, my kid got put on the Indians team in his little league :)
Awesome!  You should enroll him in the Tribetown MVP club the Indians offer.  It's... $20 or so and you get a ton of cool stuff.  As to future trips, I'm unsure.  I would love to, but my work schedule is brutal from May - October.  Last year I started back early at my seasonal gig and didn't even get to make it out once.  I'd like to catch a few games later in the season if I can.  Odds are they would be midweek games, as that's the easiest to schedule and request time off for.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/cle/kids/tribetown_mvps.jsp

Oh yeah.  161-1 for the Tribe this year. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadBurgerMaker

Whaaaaaat apparently there's going to be an AAA moving team here that will start playing in 2019 in a new stadium they're going to build downtown.  The group that owns the Missions (local AA team) will also apparently own this new team. 

E:  Oh okay, they already own the AAA team (Colorado Springs Sky Sox?), they're just moving them here.  Also the Missions will be leaving.   :(

Quote- The AAA Round Rock Express, currently a farm team of the Texas Rangers, would switch affiliation to the Houston Astros.

- The AAA Colorado Springs Sky Sox, currently a farm team for the Houston Astros and owned by Elmore Sports Group, would relocate to San Antonio and switch affiliation to the Texas Rangers.

- The AA San Antonio Missions, affiliated with the San Diego Padres, would then need to relocate to a new home.

That move would leave Colorado Springs looking for a team and the Missions looking for a new home, possibly in Amarillo.

Although I guess it wouldn't matter if they just name the AAA team the Missions and carry on like nothing except a new stadium and affiliation happened, because minor leagues. 

derspiess

I'd like to make a trip to see our local-ish Class A team the Dayton Dragons, but their tickets are typically higher than what I can get Reds tickets for on Stubhub, so why bother.

katmai

#MadBum!

Kershaw has allowed 11 home runs over his past 27 starts and two of those are to the Giants' staff ace.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

The Show 16 is good.  Like all the other ones.

alfred russel

The Braves are 0-5. Every night is back to the 80s night at Turner Field!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

I am simply waiting for The Inevitabletm.   

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 10, 2016, 09:17:46 PM

You mean death? You might have to wait a few more decades.

Taxes are due Friday, however.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

What? 162-0 here we come!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on April 10, 2016, 09:34:12 PM

What? 162-0 here we come!
Only to lose to the 2016 WS Champ SF Giants!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2016, 09:22:05 PM
Taxes are due Friday, however.

Wrong.  Monday, April 18th.  Friday is Emancipation Day in Washington, DC;  the kind of holiday derweiß could get behind.