News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's In Your Wallet?

Started by mongers, January 05, 2016, 06:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What's in your wallet or that which performs some of the functions of a wallet?

And what do you think it says about you?

Lets see, 2 bank/debit cards, 1 weird balance CC, 3 loyalty cards(why), receipts, 1 banknote! (I just emptied the thing to pay a small debt to someone), driving licence, library card and a map grid reference finder template.

I guess thats says I'm duller than even I thought.  :D

edit:
just to heighten the sense of excitment, I forgot the multi-day bus ticket (old fashion paper)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Bank card, credit card, two loyalty cards, medical insurance card, door pass for the office, personal ID card, annual pass for public transport, a supermarket receipt from earlier tonight. Plus Euro bills and coins.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

driver's license, 1 debit, 1 credit, Barnes & Nobles gift card, health insurance card, 2 lucky 2 dollar bills, walking around money.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 05, 2016, 06:36:22 PM
Bank card, credit card, two loyalty cards, medical insurance card, door pass for the office, personal ID card, annual pass for public transport, a supermarket receipt from earlier tonight. Plus Euro bills and coins.

Oh that's a good indirect reminder, that my wallet doesn't have a organ donor card in it, will rectify that.

See the thread has had a purpose.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

1 debit, 1 credit, health insurance card, fitness center entry card, train pass, entry card to work, 1 loyalty card to a sandwich shop. Rarely any notes, coins go in my pockets.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I just cleaned my wallet this weekend so currently have in it:

1 debit card, 1 credit card, oyster card, 2 taxi receipts, 1 rail ticket receipt, pass to get into office, NY driver's license, membership card for Bleinhem Palace, 1 dollar, 5 pounds, nectar card, gym membership card, and my NHS card.

Actually just found 1 hidden Itsu card too. Only has one stamp. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

HK ID card (legal requirement to carry it)
Driver's licence
HK government employee ID card
Access card to HK government HQs
Electronic money card (also doubles as my resident card.  Required for access to my housing estate)
a few business cards to distribute to people in case they give me theirs
6 credit cards from different banks.  Different places and restaurants offer discounts to different cards
Around US$200 in cash. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

No wallet, haven't carried one for almost a decade (for those who don't follow OTT).  I currently have $24, Oregon Drivers License, debit card, 2 credit cards (one gets put away tonight until the end of the month), AAA card, Rewards card for my local hypermarket and a card from my union that says I passed the last drug test I took.

All currently contained in a money clip my kids bought for me a couple of Christmases ago.  Prior to that I used a ponytail rubber band, which gave me the opportunity to be the hero to gals who suddenly found themselves in need of a ponytail rubber band.

I have a basket on my dresser full of other shit I may need at certain times and usually well in advance; Costco card, other credit cards, other reward cards to stores I don't go to very often etc

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
This should be back room. :ph34r:

You don't think people should be telling you whether they carry credit cards or not?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

My credit card, about 1000 Argentinan pesos in cash (=70 Euro), 10 USD (why?), my German ID card and the Buenos Aires public transport card (huh).

lustindarkness

I got way to much shit in my wallet to list.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 05, 2016, 09:03:40 PM
I got way to much shit in my wallet to list.

I finally got tired of sitting on a stack of 8 month old receipts and business cards of people I had no intention of ever calling.  Now I have to room to keep them so I throw them away quickly if I even take them.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 05, 2016, 08:15:32 PM
This should be back room. :ph34r:

You don't think people should be telling you whether they carry credit cards or not?  :hmm:

I guess it doesn't matter, I can't post in the back room anyway! :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

Virginia Driver's License
Grocery Store Rewards Card
Eyeglass Cleaning Cloth
3 Bank Debit Cards
4 Credit Cards
$50-200