News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I hate humanity

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2016, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Caliga

Not defending their actions at all BUT why do people get angrier over pets being tortured/murdered than people?  That makes no sense to me. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on January 04, 2016, 10:21:32 AM
Not defending their actions at all BUT why do people get angrier over pets being tortured/murdered than people?  That makes no sense to me. :hmm:

I think a large contributing factor, at least for me, is the perceived greater likelihood of such actions going unpunished, at least in rural/primitive areas of the West. I gotta say that my anger significantly subsided when I learned the guy was sent to prison for this.

mongers

A sort of a plus is that children or vulnerable adults weren't targeted, though that's not to diminish the animal's suffering and it gives the authorities notice that these individuals need to be watch and/or dealt with, as this behaviour tends to progress into harming humans, sometimes very badly.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

I don't do animal abuse files, but I've talked with the guy in our office who does.

And every time he gets a sentence on one of his animal abuse files I always  think to myself "I wouldn't get even a quarter of that sentence if that guy had done the same violence to a person".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

so there's a harsher punishment for hitting a dog in the face than hitting a person?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2016, 02:36:11 PM
so there's a harsher punishment for hitting a dog in the face than hitting a person?

If it gets you animal cruelty? I would bet yes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on January 04, 2016, 02:36:11 PM

Yup.  Around here at least.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

If the Catholic Church were into animals instead of children it would be a lot more controversial.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2016, 02:40:04 PM
If the Catholic Church were into animals instead of children it would be a lot more controversial.

:huh:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Stop thinking with your penis.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

People dote on pet animals, often to an absurd degree.

Reminds me of this crazy reality TV program I was watching, called My Cat From Hell. Premise is that this cat trainer goes around solving pet-owner's problems with their pet cats, and films it (as far as I can see he always manages it ... I suspect there is a certain selectivity in what reaches the screen.  :D ).

Anyway, one of his cases was a man who owned a cat for a long time, who got a new live-in girlfriend (they had been dating for some time but she just moved in). The cat hated the GF and started attacking her all the time. The man stated on TV, and right to her face, that if he HAD to choose, he'd choose ... the cat!  :lol:

On one occasion, the cameras were rolling and the GF attempted to feed the cat. The cat lunged at her and bit at her fingers. The GF shouted out something like "Oh, Fuck!!" (bleeped). The guy, with a perfectly straight face, told her "don't swear at my cat!"  :mad: .

I'd have been out the door long ago, if I was her - but she just took it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Because they're helpless and innocent. Like babies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Remember the dentist who shot that lion?

If he had gone and shot some African guy, it would not even have made the news, much less been a "thing".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Of course, if the dog had been thrown off a wall by ISIS because it was gay, Chomsky would say it as our fault.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned