News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So what the fuck happened to Ebola?

Started by Martinus, January 03, 2016, 03:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Going by news media (and Tim's posts) it was supposed to depopulate Africa by now. So what the hell happened?

Also (this is older), what happened to the BP oil spill? I thought by this time it was supposed to turn the entire Gulf of Mexico into a barren wasteland.  :hmm:

Liep

Turns out Africans weren't as stupidly backwards as western media thought.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: Liep on January 03, 2016, 03:30:39 PM
they had help from canadians who developped a vaccine.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on January 03, 2016, 03:39:16 PM

I was just referring to the fact that this thing seemed like an impending doom - and then suddenly it went away - you would have thought the media would have covered the situation when it improved as well. Instead they got distracted by another story.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2016, 03:42:13 PM

I was just referring to the fact that this thing seemed like an impending doom - and then suddenly it went away - you would have thought the media would have covered the situation when it improved as well. Instead they got distracted by another story.
:huh:  The media did cover the amelioration of the situation, and the aftermath.  I'd have thought that anyone with an attention span longer than that of a butterfly would have seen those stories.  Don't blame the media for your ignorance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on January 03, 2016, 03:48:44 PM

:huh:  The media did cover the amelioration of the situation, and the aftermath.  I'd have thought that anyone with an attention span longer than that of a butterfly would have seen those stories.  Don't blame the media for your ignorance.

Right?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Soros and the NWO weren't going to let a full continent of cheap labor go to waste.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

What does wrestling have to do with anything? :unsure:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 03, 2016, 04:34:17 PM
What does wrestling have to do with anything? :unsure:

The Jews decide who wins before the match even starts.

Josephus

That is generally how we operate.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2016, 03:23:08 PM
Also (this is older), what happened to the BP oil spill? I thought by this time it was supposed to turn the entire Gulf of Mexico into a barren wasteland.  :hmm:

(Marty in 20 years) So what happened to global warming? I thought Miami was supposed to have sunk beneath the ocean by now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Everything Tim cheers for is tainted. Ebola could not overcome the Tim taint.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Drakken

Just like Swine Flu was thought the impending doom, Ebola disappeared after it was soon understood that it was not the Spanish flue. It cannot proliferate in the West's climate and environment, it is not easy to transmit, and in our health system those coming back with it are quickly diagnosed and quarantined. So, it was a dud.

It sold papers while the scare was high, though.