The Netherlands invades Belgium, annexes part of the country.

Started by Razgovory, December 30, 2015, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on December 30, 2015, 04:09:24 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 30, 2015, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: KRonn on December 30, 2015, 01:12:22 PM
They'll be better off as part of The Netherlands; the weather is a bit better than in Belgium.   ;)

Belgium as a whole would be better of as part of the Netherlands. It would also make the plural correct again: Southern and Northern Netherlands finally reunited

Yes but would the Netherlands be better off? :P

depends, but likely to be yes.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 30, 2015, 05:01:44 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on December 30, 2015, 04:39:07 PM

depends, but likely to be yes.

Well then do it I say!

Hell no. The major practical change of uniting the benelux countries is that it will create a soccer team the US will be miles from competing with. Netherlands and Belgium are a lot better than us as it is.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

They're not in North America, so their better soccer team won't have a significant impact on US soccer performance. Remember, they're opening up a spot for a less talented team if they combine(which the UK doesn't do, so not a given).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2015, 03:13:13 PM
In this post nationalism era (at least for the developed western world--sorry Russia you aren't included), corrections like this are common sense. I think another one that would make sense is for the US to annex the Canadian oil fields. If some retrograde Canadian nationalists object, we shouldn't allow them to stand in the way of rationality and progress.

Surely annexing Alaska to Canada is the sensbile thing there?

Though I would pity the Canadians in that case....
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2015, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2015, 03:40:53 PM
We could probably buy Alberta for a couple hundred bucks right now.
Yeah, but only if we agree to keep all of the Albertans.  No, thanks.

Ethnic cleansing ftw.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2015, 05:46:12 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2015, 03:13:13 PM
In this post nationalism era (at least for the developed western world--sorry Russia you aren't included), corrections like this are common sense. I think another one that would make sense is for the US to annex the Canadian oil fields. If some retrograde Canadian nationalists object, we shouldn't allow them to stand in the way of rationality and progress.

Crime against huge manatee.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2015, 05:46:12 PM

Not at all. Canada already lacks the population to exploit their own territory properly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Duque de Bragança

Ask the Brain about them if you really want all the (un)savory details about them.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Archy

barkdreg

While I do love Dutch girls I'm quite sure I'd flee the country if we ever become part of the Netherlands.

Iormlund

Quote from: DGuller on December 30, 2015, 08:31:16 PM
Four legs good, six legs better?  :hmm:

It is for me. I'm all for maximizing the number of Iberian hams in circulation. :licklips: