And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2016

Started by mongers, December 20, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 17, 2016, 10:30:13 AM
This could be a fun way to twist an ankle: http://quarrycrusherrun.com/

It seemed a good idea at the time... It was fun, but I am so beat up.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Did my first 10 miles out - 2.5 mile climb - 2.5 mile descent - 10 miles back route.  Almost averaged 16 mph, which means I was still able to fly on the (relatively) flat stretches.  The climb is one I have talked about before, maybe 5% grade with some steep bits to kill the legs.  My phone clocked me down at 42 mph.

Now to pass out.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2016, 11:01:41 AM
Did my first 10 miles out - 2.5 mile climb - 2.5 mile descent - 10 miles back route.  Almost averaged 16 mph, which means I was still able to fly on the (relatively) flat stretches.  The climb is one I have talked about before, maybe 5% grade with some steep bits to kill the legs.  My phone clocked me down at 42 mph.

Now to pass out.

:cool:

I CANNOT imagine 2.5 miles of uphill in one go.   :blush:

Just off out myself, up the valley, maybe I'll include some 'hills' on it's edge in your honour.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

Just found out that one of my workmates comes to work riding a bike. That involves a 2km climb (that gets very steep in the last 500m) in the middle of the Spanish summer. I am: impressed.

mongers

Ended up doing 75-80km up the valley whilst the England game/coverage was on, took about 3 hours, excluding stops for photographs.

No Real hills were found.  :Embarrass:

PDH

Come to Laramie - we'll do the Snowy Range Pass

Profile and map...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2016, 08:07:40 PM
Come to Laramie - we'll do the Snowy Range Pass

Profile and map...

Eeek.

Most of my life is spent at 39 feet abv. mean sea level.  :blush:

Barrister

Man, Friday night I Did Not Want To Run.  The forecast was for a chance of rain, so I kept hoping for that as an excuse.  No dice - we got a couple of drops and then it cleared up.  Plus Run Zombies wanted me to do a 40 minute run - longer than I've done so far by five minutes or so.

After the first 5 minutes or so, it was great.  Really good run.  By being longer it was the furthest I've run so far, at 5.8km.

I know none of this is remarkable to anyone who does any kind of exercise (and it's not like my distance is any great feat).  I just wanted to post this here as a reminder to myself that when I feel lazy, don't give in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

BB, three things:

1) Neither you nor i nor probably anyone else here will ever achieve anything great athletically. Even if you work really hard at running, every race you run you will probably get smoked by lots of others (I know I do). So, take pride in what you accomplish, because getting off the couch and being able to run ~4 miles is not something many people do.

2) If you keep running 40 minutes, you are going to improve quickly.

3) I think that is awesome. Seriously.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2016, 10:04:39 PM
Man, Friday night I Did Not Want To Run.  The forecast was for a chance of rain, so I kept hoping for that as an excuse.  No dice - we got a couple of drops and then it cleared up.  Plus Run Zombies wanted me to do a 40 minute run - longer than I've done so far by five minutes or so.

After the first 5 minutes or so, it was great.  Really good run.  By being longer it was the furthest I've run so far, at 5.8km.

I know none of this is remarkable to anyone who does any kind of exercise (and it's not like my distance is any great feat).  I just wanted to post this here as a reminder to myself that when I feel lazy, don't give in.

Yeap, the hardest step of a run is always the first one. :yes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Did a second go around of the 10-2.5 hill.

Second day felt better, but I was .1 mph slower.  Guess that was the wind...or my old age.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Brazen

I did this yesterday. There was very limited opportunity to actually run. I'm still washing pigment powder out of imitate parts.

Brazen

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2016, 10:04:39 PM

5.8km in 40 mins is pretty speedy in my book! Zombies, Run! is a great distraction; I even queue up several missions for long, painful races.

Liep

Quote from: Brazen on June 13, 2016, 04:28:33 AM
I did this yesterday. There was very limited opportunity to actually run. I'm still washing pigment powder out of imitate parts.

The central station here was filled up with many Color Run participants, and a lot of them were in a much worse state than you if that can comfort you. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Oexmelin

I have been lurking this thread for a while now. It has been responsible in convincing me to step foot in a gym for the first time in my life back in the fall. Have been going ever since. Special thanks to Berry and Dorsey who have normalized and encouraged in non-competitive ways every attempt at getting in shape.
Que le grand cric me croque !