Started by mongers, December 20, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just read that Thomas Hardy was still riding a bike well into his 80s.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on May 10, 2016, 05:09:31 PM
Just read that Thomas Hardy was still riding a bike well into his 80s.  :hmm:

He would've been pretty old when cars took over the streets in Wessex.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 23, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
My Achilles tendon is slowly healing. I can now walk again 30 minutes nonstop without wishing a sasquash riding a t-rex in a sharknado took me out of my misery. Maybe I should have gone to a doctor. :unsure:

Yesterday I ran (more like a slow jog and walk) an easy trail for the first time in forever. :w00t: And I am not in pain today! :yeah:

I think may be back to my element, just need to continue to take it easy and slowly build up again.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

My elbow has been hurting for the past weeks. I took a couple weeks off exercise that requires me from gripping stuff, but it's still there. Gonna get it checked but I guess it's tennis elbow.

lustindarkness

Almost 4 hours on the kayak pretending to fish all around the lake. Seems I was supposed to put bait on my hook? Oh well, it was some great exercise in perfect weather.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 15, 2016, 08:18:25 PM
Almost 4 hours on the kayak pretending to fish all around the lake. Seems I was supposed to put bait on my hook? Oh well, it was some great exercise in perfect weather.

:cool:

That's the spirit. 

Incidentally were any of those involved?  :D

lustindarkness

Quote from: mongers on May 15, 2016, 08:27:56 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 15, 2016, 08:18:25 PM

:cool:

That's the spirit. 

Incidentally were any of those involved?  :D

Water, lots of it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

So, I used up what little energy I had to make it to work, the first two hours on autopilot, so now I have to somehow convince myself to stay here another six hours. :zzz:

I will continue to run, but for the summer season I will try to kayak at least two weekends a month. Maybe add some swimming and the random hiking?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 16, 2016, 10:17:56 AM
So, I used up what little energy I had to make it to work, the first two hours on autopilot, so now I have to somehow convince myself to stay here another six hours. :zzz:

I will continue to run, but for the summer season I will try to kayak at least two weekends a month. Maybe add some swimming and the random hiking?

Sounds like a good plan.

I'm dialling back the exercise a lot, now the summer heat and sunshine has arrived. :bowler:

lustindarkness

This could be a fun way to twist an ankle: http://quarrycrusherrun.com/
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

So after a month of RunKeeper, I switched over to Zombies, Run!  Was enjoyable.  With RunKeeper I kept checking my phone, but Zombies just encouraged me to ignore time/distance and keep running.  The story after Ep I was pretty basic, but it was something to keep you interested.

And without even knowing that I'd do it, I passed the 5k barrier, running 5.4k tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

One of my best friends hurt her knee a few weeks ago. She tried to keep climbing, but it kept getting worse. She went to the doctor, and she tore her ACL and MCL.

Sucks for her. Everyone was telling her to go to the doctor a while back, and she told me, "I don't want to go to the doctor because what if they say it is serious? Outside of work, my whole life is climbing, hiking, and running." I get where she is coming from.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on May 23, 2016, 03:17:10 PM
One of my best friends hurt her knee a few weeks ago. She tried to keep climbing, but it kept getting worse. She went to the doctor, and she tore her ACL and MCL.

Sucks for her. Everyone was telling her to go to the doctor a while back, and she told me, "I don't want to go to the doctor because what if they say it is serious? Outside of work, my whole life is climbing, hiking, and running." I get where she is coming from.

:(

Yeah I can see that too. 

My solution, scale back and not especially tax myself again.  :P

Josquius

Am I crazy for spending 10 minutes before bed time wandering around my flat to build up my arbitrary 10,000 steps?
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2016, 03:55:15 PM
Am I crazy for spending 10 minutes before bed time wandering around my flat to build up my arbitrary 10,000 steps?

No, but for other reasons probably yes.

:P