Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Couch to 5K. Benefit from our taxpayers' NHS advice :p
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k-plan.aspx

Barrister

Quote from: Brazen on April 13, 2016, 10:09:36 AM
Couch to 5K. Benefit from out taxpayers' NHS advice :p

I dunno - that seems like it is coming from an assumption of serious unfitness.  I mean I started out by running 3km.  I'm sure I could push myself and do 5 tonight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2016, 10:22:45 AM

I dunno - that seems like it is coming from an assumption of serious unfitness.  I mean I started out by running 3km.  I'm sure I could push myself and do 5 tonight.

Do it! :yeah:

And tell us how you feel tomorrow and the day after. :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Brazen

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 13, 2016, 10:27:53 AM
Quote from: Barrister on April 13, 2016, 10:22:45 AM

Do it! :yeah:

And tell us how you feel tomorrow and the day after. :D
Decide you're going to do the distance running and slow down as much as you need to to keep going. You'll rock it!

Valmy

The key to running is to just keep going. That is the way I very slowly run 5Ks and 10Ks. The key to not having your shirt rub your nipples uncomfortably is something I haven't worked out yet :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 10:40:01 AM
The key to running is to just keep going. That is the way I very slowly run 5Ks and 10Ks. The key to not having your shirt rub your nipples uncomfortably is something I haven't worked out yet :hmm:
:D Bodyglide or compression clothing (you can always wear a looser top over it). Either way it has to be non-cotton technical fabric.

You wouldn't believe the number of guys I've seen cross Marathon finish lines looking like they'd been shot twice in the chest

Thanks the Lord for sports bras!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 13, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
Or run shirtless.

People would look at my gut then. I AM WORKING ON IT
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 10:55:47 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on April 13, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
Or run shirtless.

People would look at my gut then. I AM WORKING ON IT

Ha! During summer I let my sweaty hairy gut jiggle in the wind for all to see. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on April 13, 2016, 10:42:45 AM
:D Bodyglide or compression clothing (you can always wear a looser top over it). Either way it has to be non-cotton technical fabric.

You wouldn't believe the number of guys I've seen cross Marathon finish lines looking like they'd been shot twice in the chest

Once I decided to run on the beach after spending sometime in the ocean. It was windy and kind of chilly so I put a shirt on. Salt water and cotton? PAIN LIKE NO OTHER.

Bodyglide seems like a cheap choice. Wearing compression clothing in the Texas heat seems like a bad idea.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on April 13, 2016, 11:17:31 AM
Quote from: Brazen on April 13, 2016, 10:42:45 AM

Once I decided to run on the beach after spending sometime in the ocean. It was windy and kind of chilly so I put a shirt on. Salt water and cotton? PAIN LIKE NO OTHER.

Bodyglide seems like a cheap choice. Wearing compression clothing in the Texas heat seems like a bad idea.

Also, bodyglide works for your manboobs for short runs, for a 26.2? Just use band aids or you will run the second half shirtless. :bleeding:

In other stories: I had to go thru some fun training where we did not stop moving for 18 hours straight, the first training evolution was working out at a beach shore fully clothed. We had sand everywhere. It was a very long 18 hours.

Yeah, you can survive it, but chaffing is no fun.  :glare: :pinch:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

mongers

A couple of days ago I went out for a spin around the forest, a 30 mile route I hadn't done in 5-6 months, so looking at how long it took me, guestimating from my incomplete gps track and my watch, seems like it's within seconds of how long it took me last time.  :hmm:

I take that to mean, my fitness is back up to last Autumn's level, which is good enough for me.

So screw timing or pushing myself, henceforth I'm going to spend the next 6 month ambling and dawdling about on bike and foot.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

So for something of a fitness test before some summer climbing, I went to Stone Mountain for some up and downs. The trail is just over a mile, with 800 ft. of elevation gain. I went up and down 8 times in 6.5 hours. I was happy with that, but my legs are in a bit of pain now. I'm expecting they might be tomorrow as well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

mongers

Quote from: alfred russel on April 16, 2016, 10:11:18 PM
So for something of a fitness test before some summer climbing, I went to Stone Mountain for some up and downs. The trail is just over a mile, with 800 ft. of elevation gain. I went up and down 8 times in 6.5 hours. I was happy with that, but my legs are in a bit of pain now. I'm expecting they might be tomorrow as well.

:cool:

So that's 1 1/4 mile of ascent and equally 1 1/4 miles of descent; impressive.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on April 17, 2016, 07:46:28 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 16, 2016, 10:11:18 PM

:cool:

So that's 1 1/4 mile of ascent and equally 1 1/4 miles of descent; impressive.

I feel it today.  :blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014