Accepting suggestions for a quick Xmas trip. It's decided, Wien!

Started by Pedrito, December 10, 2015, 03:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josquius

Barcelona would be a welcome break from winter no?
Then again everyone has the same idea I guess
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on December 10, 2015, 08:44:52 PM

In December or January? Heck winter has just started.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2015, 04:27:55 AM
Never been to Berlin

WTF?

Anyway all of those sound cold at that time of year. That's why I'm going to the Canaries in March.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

No, Barcelona will be cold then. Heck even southern Spain is cold then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 09:19:47 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2015, 04:27:55 AM
Never been to Berlin

WTF?

Anyway all of those sound cold at that time of year. That's why I'm going to the Canaries in March.

I'm not exactly what you would call "well traveled." As a kid, our trips mostly were a day trip to the sea (an hour away) or to a nearby zoo; we never went abroad. And in recent years I mostly didn't take the time to catch up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Visit Germany while there's still some white people living there. In about 20 years it'll look more like Saudi.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2015, 09:20:26 PM

No, Barcelona will be cold then. Heck even southern Spain is cold then.
I've never been but checking the weather it seems to be 15 to 20 degrees. Really rather nice and mild.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

I guess that Barcelona cold is around 10º, which of course is really nice for central Europeans.  :P This is being an unusually warm autumn over here.

garbon

I think 22 or higher is when it is appropriate to be in Barcelona. I'm not visiting Spain till we hit the other side of winter.

Archy

Quote from: Jaron on December 11, 2015, 03:10:36 AM
Visit Germany while there's still some white people living there. In about 20 years it'll look more like Saudi.
Ramadanfest won't be as cool as oktober fest...!!!

celedhring

It's been 15 C today in Barcelona, just had a few drinks in the sun. Global warming ahoy.

I have been in Berlin during Christmas, and it was freezing cold, but it had a great festive atmosphere. If you don't mind the cold, I'd have Berlin over us.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2015, 12:42:26 PM
It's been 15 C today in Barcelona, just had a few drinks in the sun. Global warming ahoy.

I have been in Berlin during Christmas, and it was freezing cold, but it had a great festive atmosphere. If you don't mind the cold, I'd have Berlin over us.

I wonder if pedrito starts to think we're avoiding him since we both suggest to not visit our cities? :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: