Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on February 08, 2022, 12:51:26 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 08, 2022, 04:20:24 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 08, 2022, 04:15:03 AM
So there were those attacks. Any of them involve the capitol being stormed by the riled up supporters of a candidate that refused to acknowledge the results of the election?

I already said that the meme implicitly accepted that the Capitol stormers were domestic terrorists.  ;)

The Jan 6th insurrectionists were more than just domestic terrorists, though.  They were domestic terrorists whose intent was specifically to attack the constitution that the republican lawmakers had all taken a solemn oath to preserve, protect, and defend.

My Republican friend (and fellow navy vet) was pissed off that I pointed out how she could no longer vote Republican because that would violate her oath, but she really didn't have a lot to push back with.  This republican decision has really demoralized her.
Not enough to stop most of them from continuing to be Loyal Party Members though. The $$ will continue to flow. The militarization of American politics will get worse because so many of these 'demoralized' types will refuse to believe that they can vote any other way.
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

They forgot to mention why your relatives are dying.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Wasn't their dude President during almost all the US lockdowns? Well see about the inflation, but even so 6% is hardly record setting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Took a look on who this guy is, and jeez...

QuoteKyle Kashuv (born May 20, 2001) is an American conservative activist. He survived the 2018 Stoneman Douglas High School shooting and subsequently advocated for gun rights, notably in opposition to his fellow survivors' March for Our Lives movement.

It takes being a special kind of asshole to become a gun rights activist after having survived a school shooting yourself.

Also, what's the line about banning *your* funerals?

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on February 11, 2022, 05:00:11 PM
Also, what's the line about banning *your* funerals?

You are not allowed to die anymore.  Those bastards!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Big deal, you're going to have other funerals in your life.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on February 11, 2022, 06:48:48 PM
Big deal, you're going to have other funerals in your life.

But, if you don't go to other peoples' funerals, they won't go to yours.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Some people delayed funeral due to restrictions so everyone could be there but it was not like it was some sort of requirement. You could have a small funeral and broadcast it to others if you wanted. Of course if it truly is *your* funeral I don't know why you would care about it being delayed or which politician you blame for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Most people attend more funerals than they really need.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"Meta, Metamates, Me"

New value statement for fbook employees with order of importance on how employees should place their own interests relative to company and colleagues.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2022, 04:53:41 AM
"Meta, Metamates, Me"

New value statement for fbook employees with order of importance on how employees should place their own interests relative to company and colleagues.

I am starting to think Zuckerberg is cracking under the pressure of having taken over from Gates as Evil IT Guy in the eyes of the public. No I don't mean the "world destroyer evil rich guy" role which Gates holds (and fairly recently), but rather the old role he had around "Windows monopoly destroying freedom" nonsense from a while back.

garbon

I did see someone comment that at least they are being open with employees that their first priority should be work.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2022, 05:01:23 AM
I did see someone comment that at least they are being open with employees that their first priority should be work.

I am really weary of all these company mission statements in general. Yes, focusing on making your customer happy is a good idea but because it is a smart business approach not because it is some higher effin' call in life. Everyone is at work to make a profit especially the bloody owners who created the company. Just cut the bull.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on February 16, 2022, 04:56:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 16, 2022, 04:53:41 AM
"Meta, Metamates, Me"

I am starting to think Zuckerberg is cracking under the pressure of having taken over from Gates as Evil IT Guy in the eyes of the public. No I don't mean the "world destroyer evil rich guy" role which Gates holds (and fairly recently), but rather the old role he had around "Windows monopoly destroying freedom" nonsense from a while back.

That "Metamates" statement is just a restatement of the US Navy's "Ship, shipmates, self" philosophy.  It's not particularly evil.

Bayraktar!