News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

My sister and friends: "Can't live off military pay? Your fault!"

The linked article refers to this original source: https://apnews.com/article/hunger-in-america-military-food-insecurity-142728bcb5479fd2de73750e11dbd458

Fitting quote from the article:

QuoteAlso, the internal military culture of self-sufficiency leaves many reluctant to speak about their difficulties, for fear they will be regarded as irresponsible.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

oooh, a Facebook poll that let's people masturbate and sneer at others at the same time.
PDH!

Josquius

Quote from: Berkut on November 13, 2021, 10:06:10 AM
The best part of the entire thing is just how fucking pathetic the sense of burden they think they are taking on.

Oh yeah dude, you are totally the breadwinner for all the poor and immigrants. You are the one keeping it all going, with your hard work and taxes.
I do wonder.
Speaking to some of this kind of person they do have a huge problem of comprehending scale and the meanings of big numbers. They often do seriously believe their $1000 in tax is a sizable portion of the government budget and really not all that small a percent of several billion.
Then of course there are those who know very well its a nonsense but like to egg on the ignorant and choose to repeat what they know is false for the greater good (read: bad)
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

"Santa is a Man"

You see the material we have to deal with here?

"There were three wise MEN not wise PEOPLE" 

This is not found in the Bible.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on November 16, 2021, 12:38:16 PM
"Santa is a Man"

I'm pretty sure the Bible does not use the word PEOPLE or "theybie".  At least nothing close to that in my French Bible.  But who knows what monstrosities the Protestants invented?? 

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

"Santa is a Man"

The Bible calls them "Magi" (well it calls them something in Greek typically translated as Magi).  It comes from Zoroastrian priests.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in that era there were no female zoroastrian priests.

And that ignores a sizeable amount of Christian tradition about their identities.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

They were high level wizards who bumped up the newbie with magic gifts.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

I don't think the Bible uses the word twink.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Does the song really say that mommy is married?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: PDH on November 16, 2021, 12:51:09 PM
They were high level wizards who bumped up the newbie with magic gifts.
As I recall AD&D did have mechanics for mentors.
PDH!

garbon

I can never forget everything that makes me mean. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So they're seeing roles of one of the 3 wise men in nativities going to girls, as why not, who cares, and throwing a fit about pc gone mad?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on November 16, 2021, 12:43:50 PM
"Santa is a Man"

I'm pretty sure the Bible does not use the word PEOPLE or "theybie".  At least nothing close to that in my French Bible.  But who knows what monstrosities the Protestants invented??

These three Kings have names!  :thumbsdown:

Melchior, Gaspar and Balthazar.  :P