Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on November 05, 2021, 01:43:01 PM
QuoteFast food worker Billy wants $15 per hour to flip your burger...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
while nurses aid Dominque makes less than $10 per hour to toilet, wipe, bathe, dress, and feed your grandma.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Server Tina can make $20-30 an hour with good tips to bring you drinks and baskets of bread...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
while nurse Andre makes less than $25 an hour to literally save your loved one's life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Entrepreneur Bethany works 60+ hours a week chasing her dream.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Nurse's aid Connor works 60+ hours a week because they are short-staffed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Business employee Tyrone feels stressed because an upcoming deadline has a promotion on the line.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Nurse Lee feels stressed because unsafe nurse to patient ratios put people's lives on the line.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
See a problem here?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
If we want people to stay in healthcare and provide high quality care, we have to make their careers sustainable physically, mentally, and financially.
To all healthcare workers out there being overworked, underpaid, and under appreciated, THANK YOU for doing what you do. The world needs you.

I suppose the Republican solution would be to reduce Billy's pay and stop people from tipping Tina  :hmm:

Josquius

Nothing too new there.
"look after our own!"
"OK. Let's invest in helping people in poverty."
"No!"
Zero interest in actually helping careers and other underpaid people. They just can't stand that some poor people with jobs they deem to be bad  are fighting for higher wages.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

When did the person working in the old age home become "our own" to Republicans?  :lol:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

They're moaning about mean tweets a lot lately. Strange. Did something happen on that front?

(needless to say weird they believe these other things are new problems)
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

"I grew up on the tweets."

The tweets:
[hilariously non-mean tweet]
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Man, oppressions has really gotten a bad rap.  My country is descending into a totalitarian dictatorship and I haven't really noticed any changes at all.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

i do like the picture of Biden, it's a good pick
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Zoupa

Josquius

I love that they genuinely believe illegal immigrants are on benefits.
Yet stealing all the jobs.
The meaning of the word illegal is really lost on them.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2021, 05:06:20 AM
I love that they genuinely believe illegal immigrants are on benefits.
Yet stealing all the jobs.
The meaning of the word illegal is really lost on them.
Well these guys are the most persecuted, stolen from, downtrodden victims in history. They can't be expected to be completely accurate in their hyperbole re: job stealling welfare queen illegals can they? Too busy being crushed by oppression.
PDH!

Berkut

The best part of the entire thing is just how fucking pathetic the sense of burden they think they are taking on.

Oh yeah dude, you are totally the breadwinner for all the poor and immigrants. You are the one keeping it all going, with your hard work and taxes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned