Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on October 03, 2021, 04:12:08 PM
Did you know that the US, UK, and Canada (with help from other countries) tried to make a live-action show from an anime series?  Research "Operation Overlord."
The Military-Entertainment Complex at its worst.
PDH!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on October 06, 2021, 07:52:43 AM
https://www.wnd.com/2021/10/horror-story-navy-vet-never-set-foot-capitol-jan-6-held-solitary/

The latest superseding indictment covering Caldwell is here - https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/press-release/file/1422696/download

Some of the facts alleged include:

+ WATKINS, the self-described "C.O. [Commanding Officer] of the Ohio State Regular Militia," sent text messages to recruit a number of individuals who had expressed interest in joining the Ohio State Regular Militia . . . CALDWELL sent a text message to WATKINS stating: . . ."I believe we will have to get violent to stop this, especially the antifa maggots who are sure to come out en masse even if we get the Prez for 4 more years. . . . You are my kinda person and we may have to fight next time. I have my. own gear, I like to be ON TIME and go where the enemy is . . ."

+ On December 31, 2020, CALDWELL replied to a Face book comment, writing, "It begins for real Jan 5 and 6 on Washington D.C. when we mobilize in the streets. Let them try to certify some crud on capitol hill with a million or more patriots in the streets. This kettle is set to boil. .. "

+ On January 1, 2021, CALDWELL replied to a Facebook comment, writing, "I accept that assignment! I swore to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic. I did the former, I have done the latter peacefully but they have morphed into pure evil even blatantly rigging an election and paying off the political caste. We must smite them now and drive them down."

+On January 1, 2021, CROWL sent CALDWELL a Facebook message stating, . . . "Will probably call you tomorrow ... mainly because ... ! like to know wtf plan is. You are the man Commander." On January 1, 2021, CALDWELL wrote to CROWL . . . "I will probably do prestrike on the 5th though there are things going on that day. Maybe can do some night hunting. Oathkeeper friends from North Carolina are taking commercial buses up early in the morning on the 6th and back same night. [PERSON THREE] will have the goodies in case things go bad and we need to get heavy."

+ At 2:06 p.m. (day of riot), CALDWELL sent WATKINS a text message stating: "Where are you? Pence has punked out. We are screwed. Teargassing peaceful protesters at capital steps. Getting rowdy here ... I am here at the dry fountain to the left of the Capitol[.]"  [16 minutes later, Watkins illegally entered the restricted Capitol grounds]

+ [At 2:45] CALDWELL, who was positioned on the west side of the Capitol, joined with PERSON TWO and others known and unknown in storming past barricades and climbing stairs up to a balcony in the restricted area on the west side of the Capitol building

+ At 2:48 p.m., CALDWELL sent a message on Facebook, writing, "We are surging forward. Doors breached[.]"

+ Between January 6, 2021, and January 19, 2021, CALDWELL deleted photographs from his Facebook account that documented his participation in the attack on the Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Caldwell is charged with obstruction of official proceeding, unlawful entry in restricted building or grounds,  tampering with documents, and conspiracy

It is fair to say that the "wnd" story does not accurately describe Caldwell's conduct.

Caldwell's lawyer has advanced the defense that his admitted statements should be disregarded as "Walter Mittyisms" which makes me suspect he never actually read the story.

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2021, 03:32:25 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 06, 2021, 07:52:43 AM
https://www.wnd.com/2021/10/horror-story-navy-vet-never-set-foot-capitol-jan-6-held-solitary/

The latest superseding indictment covering Caldwell is here - https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/press-release/file/1422696/download

Some of the facts alleged include:

[...]
Caldwell's lawyer has advanced the defense that his admitted statements should be disregarded as "Walter Mittyisms" which makes me suspect he never actually read the story.

At first, I wonder how a serious publication could be so wrong about the facts.  Then I went and read the first page...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 06, 2021, 03:32:25 PM
It is fair to say that the "wnd" story does not accurately describe Caldwell's conduct.

Are you saying they're biased? :o But they say the speak the TRUTH:

QuoteBig Tech and Big Media are not just pushing fake news on America. They're also suppressing, censoring, de-platforming and destroying conservative, pro-American news at every turn. WND is totally committed to reporting the TRUTH – come what may – just as it has done so faithfully for over 24 years.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Wasn't that the one you used to see at the supermarket with stories about alien babies?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 06, 2021, 11:59:48 PM
Wasn't that the one you used to see at the supermarket with stories about alien babies?

That's World News Daily (I think?), this is World Net Daily. With Daily Wire the main source of news (based on Facebook posts) for my niece's husband.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 06, 2021, 11:59:48 PM

That was The Weekly World News.  Shame on you.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Hey, I never bought it so no need to concern myself with its publishing schedule.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

https://conservativebrief.com/legislators-call-52369/?fbclid=IwAR2ccTQzh_Jc4SvR1AgIqqs4LPgn20usXd6Tvfo-vEg-ZRdPYN_Z18n2dIM

QuoteAZ State Senator Wendy Rogers: 92 Legislators Call For Audits In All 50 States And Decertification

Arizona Republican state Sen. Wendy Rogers says 92 state legislatures have signed a letter calling for a nationwide audit and decertification of the 2020 election.

The full letter states:

Letter From State Legislators To The American People Reference The 2020 Election

To the citizens of the United States of America,

We the undersigned state legislators of the United States are vested with the plenary power by our US Constitution (Article 2 Section 1 Clause 2) to oversee the election of the president of the United States.

It has come to our attention from an audit of 2.1 million ballots in Arizona complemented by an in-depth canvass of votes in Arizona, as well as through multiple different data reviews of voting by independent experts; that our representative republic suffered a corrupted 2020 election.

In addition to Arizona, sworn affidavits have accumulated from many states detailing rampant corruption and mismanagement in the election process. Fraud and inaccuracies have already been shown through multiple audits and canvasses in multiple states, as well as through lawsuits challenging the validity of election results in several counties in multiple states.

We have come to the conclusion that all 50 states need to be forensically audited. Voter rolls should be scrubbed with a canvass of the voters to ensure future integrity of our elections.

If results from these measures prove an inaccurate election was held, as has been shown in Arizona, and is being shown in many other states; then it is clear that certification of many electors was improperly rendered in January 2021 of the November 2020 United States presidential election.

We call on each state to decertify its electors where it has been shown the elections were certified prematurely and inaccurately.

If it is shown that either Joe Biden would receive fewer than 270 tallied electoral votes, or Donald Trump would receive more than 270 electoral votes, then we call for the US House of Representatives to convene and vote per the US Constitution by means of one vote per state to decide the rightful winner of the election in accordance with the constitutional process of choosing electors.

This is our historic obligation to restore the election integrity of the vote as the bedrock of our constitutional republic.

If we do not have accurate and fair elections, we do not have a country.

Former Missouri GOP Eric Greitens spoke with Arizona state legislators this week on his way to the U.S.-Mexico border, and he's calling for major action in the state.

Greitens and Arizona State Senator Wendy Rogers spoke with conservative correspondent Jordan Conradson at the Arizona Capitol about the audit of 2.1 million ballots in Maricopa County.

Fox News host Jesse Watters broke ranks at the network and spoke about the election audit that took place in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Though he only mentioned it briefly, Watters did what most Fox News hosts have largely refused to do: he broke ranks and mentioned the audit on the network.

"In Arizona, Joe Biden beat Donald Trump by 11,000 votes. An audit in Maricopa County done by an outside firm found 57,000 questionable ballots just in that one county. The media wasn't interested in this, and the audit wasn't as thorough as it could have been because Arizona officials wouldn't fully cooperate and some evidence was removed and destroyed," he said.

"We're picking it apart, but we need more honest Americans on the inside run for office, be a reporter. I'd tell you to be a lawyer, but this country does not need any more lawyers, just the right ones in the right places. So, get it right — or be a judge," Watters declared.

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

92 out of how many Republican state legislators?  "Stop the steal" is dying a slow painful death.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2021, 01:43:12 AM
92 out of how many Republican state legislators?  "Stop the steal" is dying a slow painful death.

Just goes to show that most in the GOP are RINOs  :mad: :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2021, 01:46:17 AM
Just goes to show that most in the GOP are RINOs  :mad: :P

Thanks God in Heaven for that.