News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

It's stupid, so I guess it's very common.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Always really sad to see when the contagion is passed down a generation.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on September 12, 2021, 11:25:14 PM
From my niece's husband:

(ship)
Is it normal for active Army personnel to post publicly about "the tyrannical government"? :unsure:

No, but it is unusual for active Army personnel to whine about a given new mandatory inoculation when they've had about a dozen mandatory inoculations already. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

The delicate snowflakes in your family should probably not use the internet if mild moderation causes them to activate Godwin's law.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

No that is NOT what a book burning looks like :lol:

FFS
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Note that the FB post is about "regulated goods."  I.e. the whiner here was trying to make a buck selling snake oil on Facebook.  If a private company can't be compelled to provide appropriate health care to their workers (Hobby Lobby) it shouldn't be forced to provide a platform for grifters to scam their user base.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

....wut?
What exactly are they wanting here?
██████
██████
██████

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2021, 07:32:25 AM
The delicate snowflakes in your family should probably not use the internet if mild moderation causes them to activate Godwin's law.

Edited for greater accuracy.

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on September 14, 2021, 04:22:02 PM

Eliminating the evidence doesn't improve accuracy.  :huh:

Bayraktar!

ulmont

Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2021, 07:29:30 PM

We've seen enough evidence by now.  The if is no longer necessary and the statement can simply be declarative.

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on September 14, 2021, 07:29:30 PM

I think he meant for greater certainty.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on September 14, 2021, 11:51:09 AM
....wut?
What exactly are they wanting here?

prehemptively strike down any Biden statues :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould