News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

That is different than the usual posts here.

Mourning her fallen son is the normal thing to do and being critical of the operation that killed him understandable.

However mixing it with supposed personal disrespect shown by Biden while at the same time admiring Trump despite his well-documented disrespect for soldiers shows that she is a moronic cultist.

grumbler

Quote from: Zanza on September 01, 2021, 12:45:11 AM
That is different than the usual posts here.

Mourning her fallen son is the normal thing to do and being critical of the operation that killed him understandable.

However mixing it with supposed personal disrespect shown by Biden while at the same time admiring Trump despite his well-documented disrespect for soldiers shows that she is a moronic cultist.

You assume that this post is from the person it claims to be from.  That's not always wise.  Remember the guy who pretended to be Donald Trump while posting idiotic and often incomprehensible gibberish?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

We don't need to speculate about what kind of doctor Trump would be. He's the kind that tries to treat a deadly infectious virus with a malaria drug, a cattle dewormer, and shot glass of bleach. If you believe that's the guy who telling you the truth it might explain why you are in a demographic with declining life expectancy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 02, 2021, 12:56:17 AM
We don't need to speculate about what kind of doctor Trump would be. He's the kind that tries to treat a deadly infectious virus with a malaria drug, a cattle dewormer, and shot glass of bleach. If you believe that's the guy who telling you the truth it might explain why you are in a demographic with declining life expectancy.
No, if all that fails then it is the Liberals' fault for inventing disease in the first place.
PDH!

Razgovory

What sort of hard truths did Trump tell his supporters?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2021, 09:55:20 AM

Mexicans are sending rapists.  We don't want immigrants from shithole countries.  There were very fine people on both sides in Charlottesville.

It's an old line - racists are just courageous truth-tellers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2021, 09:55:20 AM
It is always someone else's fault. Most of them thought that they had some responsibility for the problems in their lives, but he corrected that.
PDH!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

In a way they were.  Having a black man as a president definitely brought things to a head for a lot of people.