Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2021, 06:00:41 AM
Is your niece's husband dyslexic?  Run-on sentences, commas splices galore, can't spell Allah correctly, fragments like "the man owner of the harem," etc.  Also, does he believe that blind people (who cannot see their own faces) really don't believe that they exist as independent beings?

He who does not know his stupidity is condemned to repeat it.

He's an E-7 in the Army, you make your own jokes :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

We are either everywhere oppressing everybody or completely silent and not present at all.

It is hard to keep track of what the current conspiracy demands we be like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2021, 11:43:29 PM
From my niece's husband:

So how does he explain all the masks being warn in operating rooms and hospitals all this time? What about clean rooms in chip manufacturing? We want to oppress doctors and manufacturers of computer parts? It is a very specific kind of oppression.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2021, 11:25:39 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 29, 2021, 11:43:29 PM
From my niece's husband:

So how does he explain all the masks being warn in operating rooms and hospitals all this time? What about clean rooms in chip manufacturing? We want to oppress doctors and manufacturers of computer parts? It is a very specific kind of oppression.

Being that he is in the Army, and wearing of masks is mandatory indoors on all DoD facilities right now...

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2021, 11:20:26 AM

Testify about a severe security breach and you are rightly a hero.  Make a wacky conspiracy theory Youtube video while in uniform, and your career is rightly over.

One cannot pretend to represent the USMC official position when one is not authorized to represent the USMC official poistion.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2021, 01:57:01 PM

Testify about a severe security breach and you are rightly a hero.  Make a wacky conspiracy theory Youtube video while in uniform, and your career is rightly over.

One cannot pretend to represent the USMC official position when one is not authorized to represent the USMC official poistion.
You can if you are a real patriotic American. 
PDH!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2021, 01:57:01 PM

That's true.

It's also true that providing truthful testimony under oath in response to a Congressional subpoena is not insubordination.  It's legally required.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 30, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
I don't know who the second guy is.

I think he's the Marine Lt Col who resigned in protest.  Check the Afghanistan thread.

Syt

Also: Please, won't someone think of the landlords (if they're veterans, anyways):

—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2021, 11:37:13 PM
Also: Please, won't someone think of the landlords (if they're veterans, anyways):

Landlords have exactly the same protections against foreclosure as tenants.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Tenants are lazy snowflakes who want something for nothing though.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 30, 2021, 11:37:13 PM

This is the kind of paranoid cynical stupidity that DGuller used to tell me ruined Russia and Ukraine.