Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I don't get the strawman that nobody cares about human trafficking.

Quote from: Syt on August 23, 2021, 10:42:49 AM

Sounds good but maybe if you want to be left alone on your political views don't announce them on twitter? If you seek engagement, on twitter no less, don't whine about getting engaged. I bet people will leave you alone then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on August 23, 2021, 10:57:32 AM
I don't get the strawman that nobody cares about human trafficking.

Matt Gaetz is still in Congress so I think its a decent point.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

We can only hope He brings sexy with Him. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Might as well just skip to the Book of Revelation while they're at it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Before this, I wouldn't have figured Paul Regalado as a surrender monkey.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Wait, I'm confused, is surrender good or bad?  :huh:

crazy canuck

Yeah, because this time, all the wars, famine, earthquakes etc. really really mean the end is nigh and the sky god his coming to save, well not us all, but the few who suffer through to the end.  But really, the sky god does love us all.

I think there was a Carlin piece about this.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2021, 02:17:33 PM

Before this, I was unaware of his existence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 27, 2021, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2021, 02:17:33 PM

Before this, I was unaware of his existence.

Thanks for sharing.  Could you share with us the names of the other people of whose existence you are unaware?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Should it be worrysome if an active duty soldier is posting memes like this?

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017