News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2021, 02:38:21 PM
Does that mean she supports free medical care now?

For Illegal Immigrants no less!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Ah, to THAT's why the Trump administration was lackadaisical about vaccine administration:  it knew that it couldn't vaccinate everyone at the exact same time, and MAGAts think that vaccines don't work unless administered to everyone at the exact same time. 

Do your sisters know they are stupid, Syt, or do they just suspect it?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on August 19, 2021, 03:29:30 PM
Do your sisters know they are stupid, Syt, or do they just suspect it?

No idea.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

No idea about these particular people but I have noticed this crowd does seem t o have at least some awareness of their stupidity. Those in the UK at least are very keen to be called stupid so they can claim victim status, its part of their whole narrative against "the elites" (despite their service of the elites.).
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Not sure about stupid, but there's definitely a proudly anti-intellectual streak there, "street-smarts vs book smarts", "ivy league school vs school of hard knocks" etc.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 20, 2021, 05:38:04 AM

Now, that would have been a fairly clever one if they had resisted the urge to add nonsensical things to the list.  Republicans can't meme.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on August 20, 2021, 05:49:30 AM
Not sure about stupid, but there's definitely a proudly anti-intellectual streak there, "street-smarts vs book smarts", "ivy league school vs school of hard knocks" etc.

And yet the same anti-elitists literally worship the Founding Fathers.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

It's the stupidity of the tweets that grates, not the meanness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 21, 2021, 12:26:57 PM
It's the stupidity of the tweets that grates, not the meanness.
The 'mean tweets' comes up constantly now. Like the only reason you'd have for not liking a politician are tweets.
PDH!

Valmy

Building up strawmen is the way to go for memes.

Anyway it baffles me that they went seamlessly from complaining about Biden's endless wars and warmongers to complaining about him ending wars.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2021, 05:22:08 PM
Building up strawmen is the way to go for memes.

Anyway it baffles me that they went seamlessly from complaining about Biden's endless wars and warmongers to complaining about him ending wars.
Same way they complain about Trump not getting credit for having made the vaccine himself while claiming that it causes: rDNA mutation; bad driving; heart failure; lung failure; magnetism; brain plaques; communism.
PDH!

Razgovory

When he (Trump) told people to get the vaccine at a rally last night they booed him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould