Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The mandate to wear clothes in public is a dictatorial infringement on my freedoms.  Not wearing clothes is a personal choice in which the government has to no right to interfere with just because it might disturb other people.  Now please excuse me while I burn these American flags to keep warm.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Investments in infrastructure? Something Trump himself promised to do but never did?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

IF we extend Rob's logic it *is* logical to hate Trump.  ^_^

DGuller

Man, that Trump fella must be a seriously awful person if so many people are willing to take what is happening to America now over him.  :hmm:

PDH

Wait.  What's happening in America now?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on August 16, 2021, 12:21:59 PM

Nothing that hasn't already been going on for a long time now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

Something which nobody in their right mind can "support".

The Minsky Moment

Some old jerkoff in Palm Beach is mucking around with the Republican Party.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

A long national nightmare of peace and prosperity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2021, 12:35:15 PM

Oh hod, we barely survived this in the late 90s.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2021, 03:02:43 PM
Quote from: PDH on August 16, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 16, 2021, 12:35:15 PM

Oh hod, we barely survived this in the late 90s.

https://www.theonion.com/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-prosperi-1819565882  Best Onion article ever.

Oh man.

QuoteBush concluded his speech on a note of healing and redemption.

"We as a people must stand united, banding together to tear this nation in two," Bush said. "Much work lies ahead of us: The gap between the rich and the poor may be wide, be there's much more widening left to do. We must squander our nation's hard-won budget surplus on tax breaks for the wealthiest 15 percent. And, on the foreign front, we must find an enemy and defeat it."

Goddamnit.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on August 15, 2021, 08:17:07 AM
And the award for the dumbest take on mask mandates goes to ...

:lol:
Florida Republicans are fighting schools so that they don't allow masks.  Weird.  Will they withold fundings from school that don't forbid guns on campus?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.