Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on August 07, 2021, 10:55:06 AM
Gerald L.K. Smith was a Nazi...

Not like James Eastland was better.

"I have no prejudice in my heart, but the white race is the superior race and the Negro race an inferior race and the races must be kept separate by law."

On Brown v. Board of Education: "On May 17, 1954, the Constitution of the United States was destroyed because of the Supreme Court's decision. You are not obliged to obey the decisions of any court which are plainly fraudulent sociological considerations." and "The Southern institution of racial segregation or racial separation was the correct, self-evident truth which arose from the chaos and confusion of the Reconstruction period. Separation promotes racial harmony. It permits each race to follow its own pursuits, and its own civilization. Segregation is not discrimination ... Mr. President, it is the law of nature, it is the law of God, that every race has both the right and the duty to perpetuate itself. All free men have the right to associate exclusively with members of their own race, free from governmental interference, if they so desire."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Imagine if doing a round of Chemo massively reduced your chance of ever getting cancer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

I am not sure how to just incase, nor whether just incasing is good or bad to these people.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

The opposite actually exists - get the HPV vaccine and you have a much reduced risk of cancer.

But I guess not for the anti-vax idiots.

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on August 09, 2021, 12:57:49 AM
I am not sure how to just incase, nor whether just incasing is good or bad to these people.

I love the obligatory spelling/grammar mistakes in these "memes".  :lol:

The Minsky Moment

Imagine if every combat death in US history could have been avoided by a simple and safe injection that rendered the troops invulnerable.  What would we think about people who did everything they could to prevent and suppress the use of that treatment?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Amusing:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1424237044331646978

Maybe not so for the mother :D
A 2 years old toddler ran on the soccer field, with his mom trailling behind to catch him.  :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

Impressive speed by the baby, and impressive tackling by the mom.

Josquius

Something smells off there. How on earth would a two year old get through the barriers and have that much of a headstart?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on August 09, 2021, 05:27:56 PM
Something smells off there. How on earth would a two year old get through the barriers and have that much of a headstart?

Further down the thread (https://twitter.com/GeoffONeil/status/1424425739084988422) you can see the scene at ground level and it shows that there's only a really flimsy barrier between the seats and the pitch.

Grey Fox

You will soon find out how fast they can be.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Because a two year old is small and fast.  If you look a way for just a second a kid can get into all sorts of trouble.  Kids that age are exhausting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2021, 10:22:54 AM

Because a two year old is small and fast.  If you look a way for just a second a kid can get into all sorts of trouble.  Kids that age are exhausting.

Heh I used a halter on mine when out walking near traffic - at that age, kids seem perversely set on suicide. They can run like greased lightning and will dart out into traffic without a qualm.

People would make funny remarks about keeping a kid on a leash - much preferable to suffering the anxiety of not having them under control.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius