Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on July 30, 2021, 06:58:36 AM
I guess the truck driver makes a pro-choice argument here. Unusual for GOP.

That's the thing. I feel like the extremists among the GOP want no abortions, are against sexual education in schools, and against contraceptives covered by health insurance. Either abstain from sex, and if you can't - suffer the consequences YOU WHORE.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Sex is for married people.

We've talked about this before. They were a lot more for abortions when it only involved married women getting them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2021, 08:23:57 AM
Sex is for married people.

We've talked about this before. They were a lot more for abortions when it only involved married women getting them.

You're talking about a situation that has never existed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on July 30, 2021, 07:24:23 AM
Quote from: Zanza on July 30, 2021, 06:58:36 AM
I guess the truck driver makes a pro-choice argument here. Unusual for GOP.

That's the thing. I feel like the extremists among the GOP want no abortions, are against sexual education in schools, and against contraceptives covered by health insurance. Either abstain from sex, and if you can't - suffer the consequences YOU WHORE.
And once the baby is born, the mother and the baby are on their own. Paid parental leave or state healthcare for mothers and babies are obviously communism.

Syt

Didn't expect my sisters to put up a quote by Noam Chomsky, but here we are :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Well, Chomsky isn't arguing for a particular ideology, but rather for radicalism, or "shifting the Overton window" in current Languishian.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Well, I suppose the entire two party system is covered by his quote and the "political debate" serves to perpetuate the current capitalist society where politics is run by big business and not people's interests.

I tried to find a source for the Ian Watson quote (the picture is a theater professor at a US university of that name), but have been unable to find one. :hmm:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Is the Watson quote about the "war on drugs"? 😉
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on July 31, 2021, 10:47:55 AM
Is the Watson quote about the "war on drugs"? 😉

I think it was more about the Trump Administration.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Was baby milk something there was a run on?
I do find it fitting that a product designed for a unfortunate minority but widely used by a much larger group of selfish arse holes would run low.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

And sometimes the invective over mask-selfishness negates itself, such as in this gem from CNN:

Quote"I did what I had to do," McCullough told CNN. "Now, these people who are making this selfish decision are going to make me suffer the consequences."

Sure, anti-maskers are whiny babies, but way to shoot your argument in the foot.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 01, 2021, 02:59:17 AM
And sometimes the invective over mask-selfishness negates itself, such as in this gem from CNN:

Quote"I did what I had to do," McCullough told CNN. "Now, these people who are making this selfish decision are going to make me suffer the consequences."

Sure, anti-maskers are whiny babies, but way to shoot your argument in the foot.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould