News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2021, 11:55:58 PM
Obviously this is just rhetoric. If the voting patterns were reversed between cities and countryside, and everything else the same, the GOP would whine that government should represent the people, not land. :P

Not so -the GOP is now a radical animal rights organization - critters, plants, even desert sand should have full representation in the federal govt.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2021, 11:49:07 PM
THERE ARE NO BLUE CITIES OR STATES, ONLY A BLUE COUNTRY.

Ha ha ha.  Suck on that Cletis.

Time to zoom in on those "red counties" to show the polling districts and give a quick lesson on disenfranchising voters gerrymandering. :contract:
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 28, 2021, 07:13:00 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2021, 11:49:07 PM
THERE ARE NO BLUE CITIES OR STATES, ONLY A BLUE COUNTRY.

Ha ha ha.  Suck on that Cletis.

Time to zoom in on those "red counties" to show the polling districts and give a quick lesson on disenfranchising voters gerrymandering. :contract:
I suggested that oerlaying the population density on one of those maps would show that the most people cast the most votes, and so it shouldn't be a surprise. I was told that it only showed that they were all election fraudsters because.
PDH!

The Larch

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Larch on July 28, 2021, 07:44:16 AM
Something like this?

Yes.  It doesn't matter if more people live in those areas. If there are more votes cast there than in other places its because of election fraud.
PDH!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

#2 above has a point.  The idea that thousands of illegal immigrants may be tearing across America smuggling contraband soup scares the crap out of me.  I know that fascism is out with the PC crowd, but it's time to put the Soup Nazi on the case.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Don't have families is the new family values.

But to be fair Americans aren't having kids and families so that truck owner should be happy
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
I don't understand the 1946 one.

Some asinine comparison of the supposedly entitled youth of today to the tough embattled youth of yesteryear.
--Joan Robinson

Josquius

The stuff about coddled modern youth and participation trophies and all that always strikes me as really shooting themselves in the foot with that being far more boomers than modern kids.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2021, 03:15:19 AM
The stuff about coddled modern youth and participation trophies and all that always strikes me as really shooting themselves in the foot with that being far more boomers than modern kids.
Yerah, its not like the kids were demanding trophies.
PDH!

Zanza

I guess the truck driver makes a pro-choice argument here. Unusual for GOP.