News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Obviously this is just rhetoric. If the voting patterns were reversed between cities and countryside, and everything else the same, the GOP would whine that government should represent the people, not land. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2021, 11:47:22 PM
Actually, Vermont and, I think, R.I. look pretty damn blue on this map. :P

Probably Hawaii too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

What election is that supposed to represent? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2021, 02:38:47 AM
What election is that supposed to represent? :huh:

It's an altered version of the 2016 map.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2021, 11:55:58 PM
Obviously this is just rhetoric. If the voting patterns were reversed between cities and countryside, and everything else the same, the GOP would whine that government should represent the people, not land. :P

Quite a bit of the blue area is rural.  Along the banks of Mississippi and a band across the coastal south.  It corresponds to the old black belt.  I don't know why there is so much blue in New Mexico, but I suspect its Indian Reservation.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Marbie Torrez - Pipeliners for Trump

Respect begins with accepting that others will not accept your ideals.
I respect how you want to live your life, but I do not accept that you impose your ideas by manipulating the little ones.

"Please, won't somebody think of the children!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

So is this taken over from the Hungarian example?

There they went from never mentioning this "problem" to running a national referendum around the insufferable pressure of "organisations" trying to "popularise" homosexuality in schools in about a month.

The Brain

I assume "pipeliner" here is the definition at Urban Dictionary?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I've no idea what this one is on about and can only guess from the rainbow shirt and it bring the rights usual style it's something about teh gays.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on July 27, 2021, 11:19:18 AM
I've no idea what this one is on about and can only guess from the rainbow shirt and it bring the rights usual style it's something about teh gays.

Evil dark-skinned homos with sharp fingernails are trying to recruit little children to the homo side and patriotic muscular caucasians are trying to stop them.

Razgovory

I think that might be an old Soviet poster...

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on July 27, 2021, 11:25:08 AM
I think that might be an old Soviet poster...

It is, apparently it was originally 'shopped by a Hungarian campaign.

Edit: For some reason I can't show the pic. Here's the link: https://pestibulvar.hu/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/0709-Legy-eber2-696x484.jpg

Syt

Interestingly this was also shared by my oldest sis who is pro LGBTQ rights (well, minus the T, despite having a trans son) and has two gay sons; she normally shares pro-gay posts.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

:showoff: Hungary in the forefront of influencing far-right targeting of hate.