News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

WTF is a cultural marxist?

And I like that they are defined as "willing to lie" to evade detection. What a deliciously self fulfilling definition. Big Brother would be proud.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2021, 07:48:08 AM

And I like that they are defined as "willing to lie" to evade detection. What a deliciously self fulfilling definition. Big Brother would be proud.

Old far right conspiracy theory.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism
It was briefly popular a year or two back but I haven't seen it much lately. The puppet masters I guess have realised its too obviously nazi so best to stick to whinging about critical race theory et al.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

It's a stupid term.  I assume the intended meaning is to describe people aggressively seeking to remake the cultural norms, much like vanilla Marxists sought to remake economic norms.

The Minsky Moment

Someone who wears a beard, hangs out in libraries, and writes newspaper articles about textile factories.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

That's a cultured Marxist. Cultural Marxist wants to seize the means of artistic production.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

A Jew.  Old Nazi term.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 08, 2021, 08:12:23 AM
That's a cultured Marxist. Cultural Marxist wants to seize the means of artistic production.

:lol:

Jacob

Rootless cosmopolitans. You know... Jews. And everyone who Nazis sees as allied with "international Jewry" in the culture wars.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2021, 11:31:33 AM

Rootless cosmopolitans. You know... Jews. And everyone who Nazis sees as allied with "international Jewry" in the culture wars.

I did a spit take when I heard Steven Miller go on about "cosmopolitans."  You wouldn't be able to get away with this 30 years ago.  You'd have an entire regiments coming out of retirement homes to kick the shit out you.  Now most of those people are dead and we are seeing things like the blood libel return.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2021, 03:44:01 PM
I did a spit take when I heard Steven Miller go on about "cosmopolitans."  You wouldn't be able to get away with this 30 years ago.  You'd have an entire regiments coming out of retirement homes to kick the shit out you.  Now most of those people are dead and we are seeing things like the blood libel return.

The lack of historical memory doesn't surprise me - Donald Trump named his political movement after America's last major Nazi-influenced political organization and no one blinked an eye.

What surprised me is the level of Jewish support for a politics that so openly trades on anti-semitic tropes and panders those views. So the US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital.  Whoop-de-do.  That and $2 gets you a subway ride.  I don't live in Israel, I live here.  I care a lot more about Nazi crap going down in America than where in Israel the consular staff is stamping US visa requests.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 08, 2021, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 08, 2021, 03:44:01 PM

The lack of historical memory doesn't surprise me - Donald Trump named his political movement after America's last major Nazi-influenced political organization and no one blinked an eye.

What surprised me is the level of Jewish support for a politics that so openly trades on anti-semitic tropes and panders those views. So the US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital.  Whoop-de-do.  That and $2 gets you a subway ride.  I don't live in Israel, I live here.  I care a lot more about Nazi crap going down in America than where in Israel the consular staff is stamping US visa requests.

Most Jews continue to be Democrat. There is a minority of Jews who reliably vote GOP - the Orthodox, who (apparently) are increasingly likely to buy into right wing conspiracy thinking, and vote for Trump - like the Evangelicals. The Haredi types are most solid for the GOP, with the modern Orthodox split.

https://religionnews.com/2021/02/19/the-political-chasm-between-left-and-right-is-tearing-orthodox-jews-apart/

Likely, this means that it is the GOP's catering to hardline religious nut jobs has worked in gaining their support - also, these are the most likely to believe 'alternative facts'. The Haridi Jews, who overwhelmingly support Trump, commonly hate Zionism (for being blasphemous), so symbolic gestures of support for Israel won't be the reason for their support.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Oexmelin

We live in the age of optics, where every issue is a PR issue, and where the connections of symbols to both the ideas and the material world, is increasingly tenuous.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 08, 2021, 04:04:43 PM

Oh, some people noticed.  A large number of "very fine people", have realized that their ideas have traction these days.  All they must do is change the phrasing.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.