News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

On a different note, do you sleep, DG? I see you replied to me at what was 3:30am your time and then 8am? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

It's kinda creepy/stalkerlike to see someone calling out a poster on their posting timestamps.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on July 06, 2021, 07:53:39 AM
It's kinda creepy/stalkerlike to see someone calling out a poster on their posting timestamps.

Not really, I mean it as a personal aside nothing to do with the conversation. I was also aware of it as I'd been posting in my morning before work and was surprised to already here from DG around my lunch time. I'm not sure how it is stalker like to notice that - it isn't like I did research on his posting habits over time. :huh:

But whatevs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2021, 07:46:43 AM
On a different note, do you sleep, DG? I see you replied to me at what was 3:30am your time and then 8am? :unsure:
I usually do, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night, so I figured I may as well do something useful while trying to fall asleep again.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2021, 07:54:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2021, 07:46:43 AM
I usually do, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night, so I figured I may as well do something useful while trying to fall asleep again.

Got it. Useful Languishing. :D

The Brain

He has to sleep in the sacred soil of his homeland.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 06, 2021, 07:54:43 AM
Quote from: grumbler on July 06, 2021, 07:53:39 AM

Not really, I mean it as a personal aside nothing to do with the conversation. I was also aware of it as I'd been posting in my morning before work and was surprised to already here from DG around my lunch time. I'm not sure how it is stalker like to notice that - it isn't like I did research on his posting habits over time. :huh:

But whatevs.

I've been watching a lot of English murder mysteries (my wife just loves them!) and the first thing that springs to mind is a series of random, apparently unconnected murders, where the only thing the victims had in common is membership in an ancient bulletin board website created to argue about current events by fans of a certain video game ... 😄

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

There's no Chinese person in America dumb enough to write that.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

...that reads like Chinese people SHOULD be doing those things.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

You stop lying about your name, "Buck Sexton".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Supposedly he is "conservatism's most eligible bachelor" which I think translates as "in the closet"

I have to admit I was surprised to learn that.  I had assumed that the cultural Marxists seeking to destabilize America from the inside always told the truth.  I thought it was the economic Marxists who blatantly lied.  Perhaps I confused the two?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Oexmelin

You should have asked them the one question that would have allowed you to open the right door.
Que le grand cric me croque !