Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

What's wrong with statues of an economist?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Berlin has a statue of Marx and Engels on one of its central plazas.

The Larch

I have bad news for whoever in your family posted that, Syt.

Tonitrus

Aren't these the same folks who decried the removal of statues put up in honor of traitors across the U.S.?  :sleep:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I guess they think it's some kind of gotcha?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

We have a Karl Marx square in Barcelona. Alas, no statue.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on June 19, 2021, 02:57:37 AM
We have a Karl Marx square in Barcelona. Alas, no statue.

Boulevard Lénine in close suburbs of Paris, i.e Ivry-sur-Seine. :frog:

Red suburb turned green however, in the meantime (not écolo though).

celedhring

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Unemployment insurance has become the new entrant in the culture wars.

The Minsky Moment

If we close the border, how exactly does one build a cross-border pipeline?  And to what purpose?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

All of those memes would have been perfectly understandable and relevant if they were posters or billboards put up by the Reagan era GOP.

None of this whackadoodle bullshit is new - the only difference is that what used to be the fringe is now the center.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned